Chapter 16

Five minutes were left for the
meeting to start again and Hermione had still not sent the details.

The official who criticized her was talking to Lavender. His name was Cormac Mclaggen and the two seemed pretty close.

Ginny wondered if that was the reason for similarity between.
Cormac moved towards her, "Ms.
Weasley, it's time you come down
your high horse. Let me open the
door for you."

Ginny's phone buzzed with
notification, smirking she said,
"Sure."
Ginny addressed the meeting after asking permission from Harry, "Good evening to all. I would request everyone to look at the Screen."

Slides after slides showed illegal business of Tom Riddle and all his fraudulent deals. The last slide showed Cormac taking money from Riddle.

Ginny said, "The land under question is not his property. Government owns it. His company had undergone loss in the recent years and selling this land at 5 crore will earn him lots of profit and a massive loss to us. Cormac was his inside man in our company. The deal between them was that Cormac would get 2.5 crore of the deal."

Cormac stood abruptly in anger and shouted, "How dare you question my loyalty? I have been working in this company from last 5 years. I have given everything to this company. You just cannot accuse me on a basis of a single photo, just because boss favours you."

Ginny smirked, "Mr Mclaggen, I don't accuse people without proof. I had asked time to gather proof only. If you had been a bit more calm, the following slides are the evidence of your loyalty and corruption. As for being favored, I am favored like just another private investigator or a secret service agent."

The further slides highlighted the bank account details and phone details of Cormac. There were several proof against him.

Cormac raised his hand to slap Ginny but Harry held it before Ginny could.

Harry was beyond angry now, "How dare you to raise your hands on my employee!? Just get lost from my premises and if I ever see you again, you'll not be seeing the daylight. Get lost, before I call the police."

Cormac shouted, "You and your PA will suffer. Mind that!"

Harry and Ginny paid no attention. Harry had obviously cancelled the deal.

When both of them were alone, Harry asked Ginny, "How did you find all this dirt that my best officials couldn't?"

Ginny chuckled, "That's because I have gathered multiple sources and I am pro in background check."

Its been one more month since the incident. Ginny had come to term with the fact that she was indeed good in reading people and was marvelous in background check. She realised that though Harry had given her minor work like preparing a presentation but preparing them required extensive reading and research and she has learnt a lot from it. May be even equivalent to her counterparts. She read a lot as compared to her counterparts and met with multiple people. Perk of being Boss's PA.

Harry had given Ginny major presentations to present after the incident. She had immense passion while speaking and gathered appreciation wherever she went. She, sometimes, held meetings on his behalf just because he was bored and as he had found his replacement, he had chance to relax. Her way of speaking and insisting her points were same like Harry. She too had the aura demanding respect. The friendship between the two further strengthened.