Chapter 18

He stopped the car at a very old manor. He opened the door of his side and motioned her to come out.

It was a very old manor still retaining all it's grandeur. She asked, "Hey, is this your family house?"

Harry said, "No, this is my mother's."

Ginny asked, "Is this somehow related to you not driving?"

Harry said, "Yes, it is."

Ginny mumbled, "Cool."

"Won't you ask the reason?"

"You said you'll tell me later. So when you will be ready, you'll tell me automatically."

"That's quite mature. But, I want to tell you now. It's a long story. Come sit along with me on the sofa."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. I trust you."

Ginny smiled. Harry took some minutes to start talking.

"I was born to James and Lily Potter. It was a love marriage but as years passed the love between them died and only grudges and complains remained. In all this they forgot they had a son. A son, they neglected pursuing their life. I was brought up by the hotel staff and my dad's PA was more of a father than my actual father. He was never there. I was more close to mom. One day, when I was 17 mom and dad had a big fight and mom decided to leave the house, forever and live here, in her ancestral home. When she asked me to come along with her, I never knew what their fight was about but I trusted my mother and went along with her. Since, she was slight drunk, I decided to drive. When we were half way, she started mumbling, "Thank God! I left that halfwit. His business was at loss. I will live happily with my new Boyfriend." I could get parts of her sentence but that made me upset. I felt like I was kept in dark. I asked her what she said and started to be off the road but she said that I was as coward as my stupid father and started moving the steering wheel. I was so engrossed in trying to get the wheel from her that I didn't notice the truck coming from front. We had a devastating accident and she lost her life. I was in coma for 3 months. My father was helpless at my state but his mother forced him to marry again to my stepmother. When I recovered, dad suffered a stroke. I was on the verge of loosing my father too.

I couldn't drive after that accident even after several therapies. I had to relay on my driver. Whenever I sat on driver seat, all the events flashed. The woman I loved with all my heart just a moment before her death, I hated her after it. God knows, what made me drive the car today. I am thankful to you that I overcame my fear.

My stepmother was expecting but she took great care of dad and I. I had immense respect for her but I hated women in general because of my mother. It took me 6 years to stabilise the business and make it number one. My step mother stood by me. When I was 23, I fell in love with a batchmate. She was with me for my wealth and success. History repeated itself. When I suffered a business loss, she left me showing her true colors. I got another reason to justify that all women are gold diggers. The last and final nail on the coffin came around that time only but its something I don't wanna discuss. So that's the reason, I hate women and driving both. I don't want you to tell anyone that I have started to drive again. I guess now you hate me too for my views on women and think I am a coward."

Ginny held his hand, "I can understand. No women ever gave you the reason to appreciate them. I can feel where you come from. You are not a coward but a brave man that stood tall infront of all hardships and rose a winner. I hope you find a woman someday that loves you and you her and always respect her, ok."

Harry smirked, "Well, I have found a woman that I respect and trust."

Ginny asked happily, "Who's that lucky girl might be?"

"Any guesses?"

"Harry, tell me, don't make me more curious?"

"Its you silly girl."

Ginny bursted into laughter, "Seriously, me! But on a serious note. I feel now that I am under immense pressure now. I feel blessed to have your trust. I really hope, I don't ever break it."

"Ok. It's late. Enough of chit chat. Now take rest."

"I want to talk more."

"Tell me a day when you don't want to talk and be quiet."

Ginny chuckled, "Never."

He dropped her to her bedroom wishing good night and left for his room.