Chapter 22

His feet crunched the ground as he looked up upon this strange new land. The builds here were INCREDIBLE! Bigger than anything he's ever seen in Evo. It really makes Downtown Evo look like child's play. Well, it already looked like that with the giant Elmo that sat on top of one of the buildings.

The man adjusted his goggles on his head to make sure they wouldn't fall down on his face. Now that would just be embarrassing! He then walked into what seemed like a town. Well, could it really be a town if there's no houses? This seemed more like some kinda outside mall.

A certain building caught his eye though. A giant white building made of a block he's never seen. On the front was written Sahara. He made his way over to the large structure to look at it closer. What exactly is this place for? He thought to himself.

"Darn it!" Mumbo mumbles to himself as he tried to rewire some redstone on Sahara. Thing was broken again, which was no surprise. The warehouse seems to break down twice a week at this rate, and it was Mumbo's turn to fix it this time.

"What seems to be the problem?" A foreign voice rang out through the backroom, making Mumbo jump.

"Huh-? Wha-? Who's there?"

"Oh! Oh! My apologies! I'm... I'm down here." The man in the goggles waved his hands. Mumbo squints down at him, the man dawned a striking burnett mustache (in Mumbo's humble opinion), an off-white collared shirt, with a brown vest buttoned on top. He wore fingerless gloves, and a large golden watch on one of his wrists. And of course, large golden goggles sat on top of his brown hair.

"My name is Zee!" He introduced himself with a smile.

"Mumbo..." he responded hesitatingly.

"Pleasure to meet you Mumbo! May I see what contraption you're working on, I have a little redstone experience, so maybe with two heads, we could get it sorted!"

He was always down to help the Listeners. Ever since they first appeared to him long ago. He could still remember that bedrock symbol he and his partner found like it was yesterday.

This was a strange request though. He didn't know anything about these lands, and he was expected to do what? He trusted the Duke though. So, he made his way through these strange lands until he stumbled upon what looked like a giant base. It looked militaristic. What could possibly be going on in this place?

He had to find out. He carefully stepped into the perimeters of the base, being as careful as he could to not set off any potential traps. The Listeners said that these lands would be more advanced than Evo, but he really wasn't sure what exactly that meant.

"Hello?" The former police officer spoke, trying to catch anyone's attention.

"What are you doing here?" A voice responds.

A squeak, as he turns around to face a smirking military officer. Okay okay, he could handle it. He was a police officer! They... couldn't be that different... right?

"Well, well I... uh," great start! "I am Officer Jimmy from the property police and I am here to mark down your coords!"

The military officer squints... as if he was thinking... "Property... Police..." more thinking... then he smiles, "Well alright then, officer! I'm Scar! It's nice to meet you!"

Jimmy let out a mental sigh of relief.

"Welcome to Area 77! I must ask you to keep everything you see here between us though, we can't let the server knowing what kinda shenanigans happen around here." Scar continues, while Jimmy only nods in response... he didn't know how long he could keep up his old police act. What does he do with the coords? Not like he actually needed them... if anything that was just out of habit!

Jimmy really hoped he didn't fuck everything up...

"Anddd, try it again?" Zee poked his head out from his spot in the spaghetti of redstone

"Anddd, try it again?" Zee poked his head out from his spot in the spaghetti of redstone. Mumbo only nodding, quickly slammed a stone button on the wall next to him, watching at the red dust lit up around the two men. Loud mechanical sounds surrounded them... and a moment later... Mumbo lit up like a redstone lamp. "It worked! It actually worked!" The mustached man looked like he was going to cry. Zee cheered from above, before hopping down to the ground with a humpt.
"Yeah that's some complex redstone you got there."

"You could say that again! I swear, I think this thing is cursed sometimes." Mumbo shook his head, "Thank you for your help though."

"Oh of course! I love this kind of stuff!" Zee smiled.

"This area is like Top Top Secret." Scar looked back at Jimmy.

"Oh is it? So what is it?" He tilted his head slightly. He almost forgot his original mission here, the stuff in Area 77 was just so cool. A lot cooler than anything back in Evo!

"This is the infinity portal... I'm not exactly sure what it does... actually..."

Jimmy's eyes widen... What... the... heck... He subconsciously stepped closer to the strange portal, something drawing him closer and closer. Scar jumped in front of him.

"I know it's cool looking, but it's not safe to get closer!"

Jimmy shook out of his gaze, blushing slightly in embarrassment. "Sorry sorry."

Scar waved it off with a smile, "It's alright, I had to be pulled back the first time I saw it too. There's just something about it... it's like a mental gravitational force. Pulling people closer and closer."

Jimmy could only nod in response. This... he felt like this could be important in the future. Very very important. He quickly made mental plans to report this back to the Listeners tonight. He was sure they would want to know about this.

Absolutely...