Chapter 19

The gentle blue eyes of the familiar Watcher opened up, staring at Grian.

"P-Pearl?" He never never thought he would see the girl again, especially so soon after Taurtis chased her off of Hermitcraft. But there she stood, now dressed in a lilac dress and beautiful white wings that sparkled with gold against the purple portal behind her. Her brown hair flew with the wind that entered from the windows of the building. On her dress was a pin with a symbol he's only seen in his dreams, a rectangle with a dot in the upper left corner and another dot in the lower right corner.

"Hello Grian," she smiled at him, "You called for us?"

"You really.. you really are a Watcher, aren't you?" Grian asked. Pearl simply nodded her head.

"I didn't want to deceive you, my old friend, but with the Listeners, I had to stay undercover... Of course... you saw how that went..."

"So you lied about your memories?" Grian wanted to feel betrayed. He thought that she was in the same boat as him, but he couldn't feel mad... It wasn't like she wanted to lie, right? She had to with Taurtis around.

"I am so sorry, Grian," the Watcher softly spoke, "I can make it up to you!"

"How?" Grian's curiosity suddenly took over.

"I'm going to get your memories back," Pearl smiled at him. Grian gasped. Could she do that? Could he remember what his life was like before Hermitcraft?

"You're going to have to trust me," Pearl reached her hand out. Grian almost immediately grabbed it, but pulls back... What if this was a trap? Pearl had lied before... what if she was just doing it again? He looked into her eyes. He could see nothing but genuine kindness in the Watcher's eyes. He wanted to trust her.

Grian grabs Pearl's hand and without a second to even breath, gets pulled into the portal behind her.

Purple. That's all Grian could see. Slowly something else came into view, buildings? He wasn't sure. He felt himself get flung out and hit the ground.

"Oh Grian! Are you alright?" The Watcher flied out after him, she landed next to him, offering her hand. He quickly took it and pulled himself up.

"Y-Yeah, I'm alright," Grian responded.

"Do you recognize this place?" Pearl asked. Grian takes a glance around... he blinks... vaguely, he did recognize it... but he didn't know from where? He's never been here before? Only... in... his dreams.

"Evo?" That word slipped off out of his mouth. Pearl nods. "Evo..." Grian repeated. "Evo! Evo! Evo! EVO!" He laughed, running into the town. There was the police station, and.. what used to be Dirt Cheap before Zee bought it! But, Grian noticed something else... everything was... covered in vines and crumbling... "What happened here?" He turns to the Watcher.