Chapter 11

Their wings were huge! Grian was at utter shock of the two beings before him. He felt no fear, but only wonder and amazement. The beings were smiling down at him. Their smiles seemed genuine and it made Grian feel welcomed.

"Grian, it's good to finally meet you face to face," the shorter one spoke. She tilted her head slightly at him, like a wolf who's just been offered a piece of steak.

"Yes! It's been a long time now, waiting for this moment," The taller one added on, his voice echoed with joy. Their figures were blurry, but Grian could make out a few details, such as the height, they were taller than any Hermit or person he's ever seen, and their wings were golden, with what seemed to be little eyes along the feathers. Their faces... is what Grian couldn't make out.

"Grian," the shorter one spoke again, "You need to understand this before anything else. Do not trust the Listeners."

"Wha-What? Why?" Grian choked out.

"They do not like us, Grian. They believe we are corrupt and selfish. They simply do not understand our ways. They will try and convince you we are the bad guys. Please, do not let them win," The taller's tone was desperate, almost like he's seen this all before.

"Do not let them win."

"Griannn? Griannn?"

"Griannn? Griannn?"

The builder's eyes fluttered open. Pearl was standing over him. Her eyes were staring into his and her long brown hair fell into his face.

"Morning Grian! I made you something!" Pearl grabbed Grian's hand and pulls him up.

"You made me something?" Grian repeated, he rubbed his eyes and yawned.

"Yeah! Come onnnn!" She runs outside and places a boat in the water, waiting for Grian to catch up. Grian made his way out the door of his base and to where Pearl was. She was patting the seat behind her in the boat. He slipped into the seat.

Pearl started rowing as fast as she could away from the futuristic base. Suddenly she turned the boat around to face the build.

Grian gasped. There was a giant parrot floating next to the tower! It looked just like Ari! The wings were spread wide making the bird look like it was in mid flight. Grian stood up in the boat and shot off with his elytra to get a closer look at the bird. This was one of the best organic builds he's ever seen! Grian tried to build something like that before, and while his dragon turned out good, this was just beautiful.

As he approached the build he could see the detail on the build. It was holding onto the tower with iron fences but you can barely notice they were there from a distance! Grian had stars in his eyes. This was incredible! Where did Pearl get this kinda skill? He quickly flew back to the girl where he tackled her into a hug.

This caused the girl to jump and water to splash into the boat. But neither of them cared. They just laughed it off.

"Thank you so much!" Grian was grinning ear to ear like the Cheshire Cat.

"Oh no problem! It was really fun actually!" Pearl giggled, rubbing her arm with her hand.

Taurtis' ears twitched as he sat in his room

Taurtis' ears twitched as he sat in his room. He really wanted to be in Hermitcraft with Grian right now, but The Empress has called him home. Only temporarily, she said. She seemed like she needed to urgently tell him something... Taurtis didn't know what though...

Being a Listener was... definitely a strange job to have. The large ears made his hearing a lot stronger than it once was. Sometimes loud noises would spook him even. All Listeners were sensitive to that kind of stuff.

But that wasn't the strangest part... It was the war with the Watchers he considered strange. Don't get him wrong, he hated the Watchers. But his reasons were personal. He never got an answer out of the Empress of why Listeners as a whole, were against Watchers. It seemed like every Listener had their own reasonings for hating the stalking angels.

He wanted to ask... He was going to ask.

Speak of the devil, the Empress opened the door.

"Ah, Duke Taurtis! Thank you for coming home on such sort notice. You must be wondering what I called you here for!"

"Uh, yeah?" Taurtis stood up to greet her.

"Well, as I expected... the Watchers have retaliated," the Empress frowned.

Taurtis' question quickly left his mind. What the heck did the Watchers do now? He sighed, shaking his head.

"What did they do?" He asked.

"They're going to distract Grian..."

Of course they're going after Grian. Who else would they target? Taurtis felt himself getting a little tense. He wanted to get back to Hermitcraft. He had to protect Grian.

"How? What are they doing?" Taurtis raised his voice, his face turns slightly red in anger.

"I don't know all the answers, Duke... but I know you must put a stop to it..." the Empress placed a hand on Taurtis' shoulder, "If anyone can save Grian from their clutches, it's you."

Taurtis felt a sense of determination run through him.

Who did those Watchers think they are? Mess with Grian once, shame on them. Mess with him twice, well, now they're just asking for it. Taurtis wanted to personally fight the Watchers. He really did, even if he knew it would be a stupid idea. He couldn't stand the idea of his best friend falling prey to them again. No! He wouldn't allow it.

"I'll make sure they don't touch Grian," Taurtis said in pure confidence. He placed his hand on his hips and stood up tall. He was ready to finally face the Watchers.

"I know you won't," the Empress says, before turning around and leaving the room. Taurtis was all alone again. He had to get back to Hermitcraft fast. He had to find Grian fast.

Before it was too late.