Pinned

(From Chapter 22/23)

Kid and I skate around the rink together, and we've finally gotten comfortable enough to start talking more.

"Right? I love them, but those girls really love teasing," I continue our conversation.

"As if you don't tease everyone you've met here whenever you get the chance," Kid rolls his eyes at me.

"Shut up, you asymmetrical stump,"

"Perfect example right there," He looks over to me, "Am I really short enough for you to call me a 'stump'?"

"It's all I could come up with," I say.

"We'll it wasn't very creative,"

"Lets see you do better," I glare.

"Well, I'm not rude, so I'm not good at insults," He scoffs sarcastically.

"I wouldn't say 'you're not rude', but you're definitely bad at insults," I tell him.

"You little..."

"What a surprise, he's got nothing," He furrows his brows at my response. He lets go of my hand and says, "Good luck," as he leaves me alone in the rink.

"Wait!" I stand with my arms out, awkwardly waving them around for balance. I don't bother trying to move, I just stand still hoping not to fall. When I finally look up from my feet, Kid is nowhere to be seen. Maybe he is rude.

Suddenly, Kid is wrapped around me. We're spinning in circles and he pins me to the railing. My face reflects in his golden eyes, and I can tell it's red. My body is hot underneath him. He laughs like he's pleased with himself.

"You asymmetrical prick," I shove him off of me and spin him around against the rail instead. Exactly where he had me stuck. I hold his arms down and lean in, trying to see how tense I can make this. His hair frames his blushing face perfectly.

"This wasn't how it was supposed to go-" I catch his lips with mine as they close. His eyes open wide for a moment before he gives in. I let go of his arms, but leave my hands on the railing to keep him in place. As he starts to kiss me back, his hands slide up from my hips to my waist, and then to my neck.

Our lips pull away and I'm reminded of my awful skating abilities. I start to slip, and Kid grabs my hands, catching me. He pulls me close into his body before letting me skate. He holds onto my hand for the rest of the night.