Crying

(From Chapter 34)
For context: you just heard news that [a girl you care about] is dead.

"(Y/N)," He stops writing and places his hand on mine, "It's going to be alright." I freeze up, letting my thoughts run about how she might have gone. Kid wraps his arms around me and pulls me out of my chair and onto his lap. I can't stop thinking about it, though.

"It's alright," He rubs my back and I start to cry. His arms keep me close to him and I finally hug him back. My tears soak his shirt, but he only pulls me in closer when it happens.

I spend over half an hour wrapped up in Kid's arms like this. His lavender scented body is comforting and makes me sleepy. He helps walk me over to my bed, without me even saying anything.

"Do you need anything? Water? Tissues?" He stands at the side of my bed while I lie down.

"I'm alright, I promise," It's just hard to process it all. She...

"You're not and I know it," He sits down next to me.

"(Y/N)," He does the only thing that could even possibly distract me from this. A kiss. Right on the lips. It's soft, and slow. He pulls away and grabs my hands. I take note of their soft feeling, trying to divert my attention to something else. They're smaller than mine and cold, as if it were winter. They contrast perfectly to his warm chest when he pulls me into a hug.

I start to cry again, but I'm a lot more comfortable. He doesn't speak, just holds me close while I mumble my thoughts into his shoulder. His soft hands pet my head.

Eventually, he lays me down against the pillows and I fall asleep, holding his warmed hand.