Closet

(Chapter 28)

They helped me unpack my things at the mansion for about an hour. Once it got down to the last bin, the girls left my new room and let Kid and I finish.

Kid goes to the back of the large closet and I stand by the door, passing him items to hang up.

"This one's nice, you should wear it sometime," He holds up my favorite top and slides it onto a hanger.

He comments again, "These pants are my style, I might steal them sometime," The boy sends a small wink my way.

We get close to the end, and Kid pauses to check his phone.

As he looks up and I turn to him, the closet feels like it got smaller. Our chests are stirringly close. The only thing separating us is the thin sweater in my hands. His bright eyes are just like warm honey when they look right at me like this. And I feel like honey. The corners of his mouth lift as he blinks. We both breathe each other's air one more time before either of us even moves. Kid takes the shirt from my hands, and tosses it to the side. Instead of hanging it up, he grabs the collar of the shirt I'm wearing and pulls me into his chest even closer than we were.

"Is it okay to kiss you, (Y/N)?" His voice sends a tingling feeling down my body. I don't want him to let go of me.

I don't respond to him, instead, I throw my arms around him and kiss him first. I pull on the fabric of his shirt in the back once he starts to kiss back. He spins me around the small room and lets go. His hand grabs the doorknob and pulls it closed. Kid grabs my waist and pulls the string above us, turning the light off.

I can't see what he's doing, but his hands are cold against my skin. His lips, on the other hand, are warm.

He bites my lip so I finally let him in and he presses me against the wall. Our tongues tangled and went to war in our locked mouths, battling madly for dominance. His heartbeat gets syncs up with the speedy pace of mine.

We find a comforting rhythm in our kiss as we fall to the ground. Kid's knees sit at my hips as my arms wrap around his neck and pull his collar down. Kid's cold fingers send shivers down my spine as he begins to run them through my hair.

"Hey, Kid! (Y/N)! We just made some food, come down whenever you're ready!" Liz calling from the kitchen breaks the moment. We laugh and hang up our final shirt before heading downstairs.