Mysterious

(From Chapter 38)
Song: Miss Mysterious, Set It Off

Everyone left the party, so it's just Kid and I left, listening to music together.

Kid's favorite song comes on, and he runs around, dancing to the whole thing, mic in hand. He jumps on tables, swings around poles, and uses me as his audience. He's honestly kinda bad at singing, but I expected it.

Once the chorus starts, I join in his act. I at least know this part. We hold each other's hands and hold our mics to our faces. Each one of us takes turns belting a line before we start laughing. We fall to the floor, struggling to breathe from the laughter. Kid sits up, criss-cross, and leaves his microphone on the floor. I notice this, and sit up too. I put my mic next to me on the ground. We sing the words of the songs right in each other's face.

He takes both of my hands and smiles. Miss Mysterious by Set It Off plays. He sings most of the words, staring straight at me. Those perfectly golden eyes make my heart swirl so much, I don't even pay attention to the words.

"(Y/N)," He says instead of singing the bridge, "Thank you for today. It means a lot."

He grabs my collar, and places his lips against mine. A strong kiss, right here in the middle of the floor. I dive on top of him, trowing my arms around his shoulders, happily kissing back. He flips me over, so that I'm the one on the bottom. We kiss one more time and then catch our breath.

I join him singing the final few lines.

The saying goes "if you love someone"
Said if you love someone
Now if you love someone
Let them go

He sings the words of the final line right into my mouth. Pressing me into the floor with his intoxicating kiss.

The music stops. Kid moved this one to the end of the playlist. He knew what was coming next. He prepared for this kiss.