Sleep

(From Chapter 32)

We played games all night, sitting together under that fuzzy grey blanket on the couch.

"Kid, why aren't you-" His head drops onto my shoulder. How does this boy fall asleep so fast? I take the controller out of his hands and save the game. When I shut off the TV, the room goes dark, and his face calms. I grab his shoulders and hold him gently, trying to lay him down, being careful not to wake him. His head is on my chest and I wrap my arm around him to make sure he doesn't fall while he's asleep.

Just like anytime I'm with Kid, I find my phone and take a picture. I did forget that it was dark, though, so my flash went off before I could stop it. Kid's eyes open slightly, but he shakes it off and goes back to sleep.

I can't believe he's sleeping on me. Again. I can't believe this isn't even the first time! How is my heartbeat not waking him right now?

His hair is soft as I comb my fingers through it. His makeup is still around his eyes, it's honestly kind of attractive. I place a gentle kiss on his forehead, "I love you, Kid." No one's here to hear my confession, so why not say it. I close my eyes and enjoy my time with Kid here on me.

"I love you too," His sleepy voice responds.

He heard?