Ride

(From Chapter 36)

Kid wanted to take me on a ride in the sky for his birthday, so I couldn't say no.

He leads me outside, and Beelzebub is waiting for us. Kid puts one foot on and then holds his hand out to help me up. He pulls me up and right into his chest. I wrap my arms around him and look him in the eyes, "Happy birthday," I say before leaning my head against him. He skated us around on the ground for a while, happily telling me stories while I listen.

"That's how I met Liz and Patty. My father was pretty terrified the first time I told him that story, but they were the best friends I could've asked for at the time." I laugh at his jokes and comfort him whenever stories get sad.

"I think that birthday was the worst one, and he even forgot about it once,"

"Him forgetting wasn't the worst one?"

"I could go on and on about my eighth," He flies us up into the air and it gets difficult to hear, "Of course, I'll save that story for another time," Kid yells to me. He doesn't want to ruin the happy mood.

His hair flies back and I can see his whole face. Wow, he really is pretty. The longer I look at him, I realize he put on makeup again. I love when he wears eyeliner. It's messy today, but I like it that way. Still symmetrical, obviously. I hold him tight and lean in closer. He smells nice, like lavender and silver. I press my face in farther and enjoy my time.

Hold up.

Kid wanted to do this? For me to wrap myself around him? To hold him in such a tiny space? For it to be just the two of us? Does he...?

"(Y/N)," His hand traces my back and I look up at him, "You look very pretty when the wind blows through your hair like that," He says this to me without looking, simply staring into the sky.

Death the Kid just called me pretty. The stupid symmetrical skinny skater boy that I like just called me pretty. I bring my face back to his shoulder, hiding my blush.

"And when you blush," He adds.

I'm never moving my head. I can't let him see the way I'm freaking out about this.

He loops us all around Death City.

"Do you trust me?" He asks, not looking away from the sky.

"I think so?" I'm a little nervous, so I hold on tighter.

"Don't worry, it won't be bad. Hopefully." He laughs a bit.

Kid lands us in the middle of an empty street without stopping the board. It's long and straight. Dark and wide. Perfect to talk in.

"You still trust me?"

"I want to," I smile and he finally looks at me again.

Kid's hands let go of me. Is this what he meant by 'trust'?

I'm surprised by the sudden touch of his hands returning. They've grabbed onto my face. I can see my face blushing in the reflection in his eyes.

"Do you trust me enough to kiss you?"

He wants to kiss me?

"You're the birthday boy," As soon as I finish my sentence, his lips connect with mine. We keep ourselves closed off for the first one, but both open up on the second. His chapstick tastes like honey and I absolutely love it.

He has to pull away to focus on not letting us crash, so he brings his hands back down to my waist. I don't want the moment to end, so I grab his face instead. My lips place kisses on his soft face, alternating the sides to keep it symmetrical. They stay low on his cheeks and jaw, to avoid blocking his view of the street. I kiss him right in the center of his neck, marking up his Adam's apple. He lets out a small sound, almost like a moan when I do so.

"Happy birthday," I kiss both of his cheeks one last time and we arrive back at the mansion.