17.2: The Encounter

(Continuation of 17.1)

3rd Person

Zilong was shocked after he saw a figure, a small figure to be exact, stuck on the tree and seeking for help.

Zilong asked Baxia to assist him while he will climb to the tree and rescue the injured victim, and thankfully, they successfully rescued him.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

30 minutes later...

"Ergh..... Where am.. I...?" The red-bearded creature spoke.

"You're awake now, what's the matter and who did this to you?" Baxia bluntly said.

"I am Aulus. The Warrior of Ferocity and I've been attacked by the abyss. Where am I, by the way?" The red-bearded creature, which is Aulus responded.

"You'll be safe for now, Aulus. We are the Oriental fighters and we will find a way to cure your pain. The name is Zilong by the way." Zilong assisted him to sit down on his matress, Aulus thanked him afterwards.

"The reason Abyss attacked me is because they wanted a power..."

"A power of what exactly?" Ling asked.

"I think it's the power of some kind of scale, I suppose. That's what I've heard from Alice."

"Alice? The Blood Queen?"

"Yes young lady, the queen who is known to make demons as her slaves and to reign darkness in the Land of Dawn." Aulus responded to Wanwan's Question and nodded as her response.

The atmosphere went quiet for a while until Luo Yi spoke.

"By the way little guy, what 'scale' does Alice mean?"

Aulus' eye twitched and gave her a death glare after he got called "little". Aulus really hate being called a little, despite himself so short. Luo Yi gulped as her shivers went through her spine.

"Like what I said, I had no idea what scale does Alice meant, but for sure that scale will allow her to control and dominate the world. Secondly, Don't call me little. I may not be tall, but I'm strong."

"Wait, the way you described the scale... I think I know what kind of scale are you referring to." Wanwan thought for a bit and stared at Yu Zhong.

"Uh..." Zhong hesitated to spoke.

Everyone diverted their attention to Yu Zhong.

"Oh c'mon. Don't give me those looks." Yu Zhong frowned. He felt uncomfortable of being stared by people. Aulus raised an eyebrow and asked:

"Say, aren't you the Black Dragon?"

"How'd you know about me? Did one of your friends told something about the reincarnated black Dragon?"

"Nah, but I heard that you're one of Benedetta's Friends. Is that true?"

"Yes, Yes. I was. And the name is Yu Zhong." Zhong offers him a handshake and the Leonin hesitated to accept the handshake, but decided to accept the offer.

"Aulus."

Aulus noticed a purple aura behind Yu Zhong, and a voice echoed in his head.

~•~

"The Scale is purple." Said Alice with a devilish grin.

~•~

Not long after, the sky has darkened and the roaring of thunders are heard. Zilong rushed outside to check, however it didn't rain despite having that dark clouds.