PROLOGUE

"Good morning !"

"Morning..."

"C'mon, wake up. You will be late again. I am going downstairs for making breakfast. Wake up now. Soon Mr. Inderjeet will come to pick you up for your Gym. Wake up na..."

....Door bell rings....

"Are Parjayee Ji (sister in law in Punjabi), has Shashi woken up? He is coming down or shall I come to wake him?"

She walks out of the room and goes downstairs. She welcomes Inderjeet and hands him his 'regular' tea. Soon Shashi comes downstairs.

"Kuch bhi kaho, Parjayee Ji ke haath ki adrakk wali chai piye bina din shuru nahi hota hai. Parjayee Ji, chai ekdum kadak bani hai. (Whatever you may say, without ginger tea made by Sister in law, my day doesn't starts. Tea is awesome, sister.) Just like everyday." Inderjeet exclaimed as he entered kitchen to keep his cup.

"Thank you!" She said with a smile.

She exits kitchen with a cup of coffee and green tea.

"Here is your tea Shashi." She hands him the green tea.

"My dear wife, have a seat. Take your coffee first. Daily chores will keep on going." Shashi holds her hand and pulls her next to him.

"Happy Birthday dear wife!" He hugged her lightly with a smile.

"You remembered, Shashi ! Thank you so much !" She rests her head on his shoulder.

....Camera sound clicks....

"A perfect picture to frame. Isn't it ?" Inderjeet shows them their picture.

Shashi runs behind Inderjeet while she picks their cups and resumes her daily chores.

"By the way, Happy Birthday Parjayee Ji." Inderjeet and Shashi leave for Gym.

"Silly friends..." She smiles at both men as they still continue their chase in the Garden.

She returns to the room to find a flower bouquet and a letter on the bed.

'My dear wife,
Happy Birthday !
Thanks for keeping the playful Shashi in me alive.
Thanks for making me realise that more than past grudges, present day happiness is important.
Thanks for giving me two precious gifts - our kids Aditi and Raj.
Thanks for giving me a Punarjanma (rebirth) when I felt all alone in this world few years back.
Thanks for everything.
I love you to the moon and back.
Love,
Shashi.'

A tear trickled down her cheeks.

"Aai...(mother...)"

"Ohh... Aditi returned... I have to give her breakfast." She said to herself and left the bouquet and letter in the room.

She went downstairs to find a huge curtain laid at the end of the stairs.

"What is all this, kids ?"

"Surprise Maa !! Happy Birthday !!" Both Aditi and Raj rushed to her and gave her a tight hug after the curtain was removed.

They had arranged a special breakfast for her.

"A special breakfast for my special mother." Said Raj as he escorted her upto the dining table.

Her happiness knew no bounds. She kissed both her kids on their cheeks.

Suddenly someone spoke from the kitchen.

"They have only arranged this. But we have cooked this for our dear friend." Saying so, few ladies came into the dining area.

"Thank you so much !" She went upto them and they all hugged each other.

Soon everyone was enjoying the delicious breakfast. She was standing at one corner of the table and enjoying the happiness of all of them. The tears of happiness filled her eyes. One of them trickled down her cheek. This was going on untill an hour or so, when suddenly someone held her hand.

"What happened Shashi ?" She said as they both entered the kitchen.

"Today also your father and brother didn't called you, right ?"

"Yes." She said as she wiped her tears.

"But it's ok. They just grew me up to be a lady with no life. All these people who are outside there, are the real reason why I am living a happy life. It may be my 45th birthday,but in reality, I'm only 25 years old. The first twenty years of my life were wasted. They were like a living hell for me. I didn't knew what life meant untill I met them. They both just ruined my life. So I don't care about them now." She proudly said and held his hand.

They both went outside again towards their 'REAL' family to enjoy their day.

Suddenly the music stopped. Everyone froze at their places. The door flung open. Everyone cheered for the new visitor... Nisha.

"Happiest Birthday dear Vahini (sister in law) !!" She came ahead and hugged our birthday girl.

"Thank you Tai (elder sister). I'm glad you returned from London."

"I had to... Afterall it's the birthday of my only Vahini..."

The celebrations resumed....

Suddenly, everyone stopped. There was a delivery man on the doorstep. Shashi recieved the parcel.

"What's in that Baba (father)?" Raj asked as he helped Shashi to pick the parcel.

"It's your mother's parcel. The publishing house has sent 1000 copies of her book. Remember, the inauguration ceremony of this book is scheduled today. We will take them at the place in evening." Shashi spoke as he placed the huge box besides the couch.

Everyone congratulated Rohini. It was a very special day for Rohini. She moved towards the box as she picked up the first book.

She sat on the couch as she opened the first page...

__________________________

Really, is it important to have relations only by blood ?

Both of them lived in a living hell before they met each other. And the reason were their own blood relatives.

If you think having step mother/father is a sorrowful fate, then what you will say to someone whose real mother/father make their life miserable ?

___________________________

Come, and have a look at how destiny decided to make the sorrowful lives of Shashi and Rohini into a heaven after they met each other.

Come, and witness how, a marriage done by mistake, turns into a sweet gift by destiny.

Come, witness the PUNARJANMA (REBIRTH) of two cursed souls, resulting in the birth of wonderful, blessed humans.

___________________________

Hello Readers !!

This is Ankita Prasanna.

If you are new to my profile, do check my previous book : Yatee - Rise of an Empress.

Do follow me for updates and new notifications.

Next update soon...

Till then, stay safe, take care and lots of love 💞