• 11 •

Three weeks went by. Neither Shashi, nor Rohini, none of them contacted the other. Rohini was busy with her recovery and physiotherapy appointments, while Shashi was winding up some work and was looking after Rohini's work in the RAW.

Rohini was discharged today. She went to her home. But little she knew, a surprise was awaiting for her....

-------------------------

"Good morning sir, how can I help you?" The hospital receptionist asked Shashi as he approached her.

"Hello. May I know in which room Ms. Rohini Gokhale is admitted?" He asked her as he didn't find Rohini in the room in which she was previously admitted.

"Sure sir... Sir, she was discharged yesterday morning." The lady replied.

"Ohh... Okay... Thank you." Shashi said as he left.

He came out of the hospital. He had no idea where she stayed. And to find her in such a big city without any clue, almost impossible...

He decided to figure it out later on. He was about to leave when he saw Rohini in the parking lot with Ramesh. She was there for her physiotherapy appointment.

Shashi stood in the corner as he saw Rohini going inside. He rushed behind them. He saw Rohini going for her appointment as her assistant sat outside.

"Hey..." Shashi approached him as he sat besides him.

"Hello sir. How are you?" Ramesh said as he recognised Shashi.

"I'm good... How are you all doing? And how's Rohini now?" He asked.

"She's recovering well now. We are here for her appointment." Ramesh spoke.

"Ohh... That's great." Shashi said as he smiled.

"Okay... So I will leave now. I was here for my other friend. Do tell Rohini I was here." Shashi spoke as he stood up.

"Ohh... Please wait. She'll be back soon. You can meet her yourself." Ramesh asked him to stay untill Rohini was back.

"Ohh no... I need to take care of some work. I was leaving when I saw you from across the room. I need to go... See you soon." Shashi spoke ashe faked a reason.

Both of them parted their ways. Actually Shashi wanted to give Rohini a surprise. So he stayed in his car untill he saw Rohini leaving the hospital, so that he can follow their car upto her home.

As he had expected, he saw Rohini and Ramesh leaving after half an hour. He silently followed them throughout the distance untill they reached a bunglow after fifteen minutes.

Shashi stood a little ahead of her home. He still was unsure whether it's her house or Ramesh's. He stayed in the till he saw Ramesh leaving.

After few minutes, he saw Ramesh leaving on his bike. Shashi parked his car and went towards the house. He saw her nameplate there. He was sure it was her house now and decided to knock.

"Yes how can I help you?" A lady, probably the house helper of Rohini opened the door.

"I'm here to meed Ms. Gokhale." Shashi replied.

"Ohh... Please come in..." The lady said as she asked him to sit on the sofa.

She went upstairs and returned after few moments.

"Sir, madam has asked that can you go upstairs? As she is tired after her appointment with the doctor." The lady said as Shashi smiled.

"Sure. Where is her room?" He asked.

"Here. Come with me." The lady took him upstairs.

She left him outside a room as she went downstairs. Shashi knocked on the door.

"Come in." A faint voice was heard.

Shashi went in to find the room empty. 'Maybe she's in the washroom.' Shashi thought to himself as he sat on the couch.

Her room was modestly decorated. Basic ivory colour dominated the house, so in her room. The furniture was of light blue and lavender colour accompanied with brown. He was observing the room when he heard the bathroom door opened.

Rohini came out. She was probably in there to wash her face as her face was wet. She wiped her face with towel as she sat on the bed.

"Hi ..." Shashi said.

"Hi... When did you arrived?" Rohini asked him.

"Right now... I went to the hospital but the receptionist informed me that you were discharged yesterday. So came here to meet you." Shashi replied with a smile.

"That's so sweet of you. But how did you find out where do I live?" Rohini again proposed another question in front of him.

"Officer Sahiba (madam), I understand that you are one of the top agents, but that doesn't means you have to always ask questions to others... Instead, have a look at these flowers..." Shashi said as he handed her the flowers.

"White rose! My favourite!" Rohini said as she kept the flowers aside.

Both of them chatted for a long time. It felt like as if two long lost friends are meeting after ages...

They weren't only long lost friends, but also long lost soulmates... Ready to be one....

-------------------------

Another short update!!

Do let me know your thoughts in the comments.

Next update soon...

Till then, stay safe, take care and lots of love 💕