• 9 •

The lights of the operation theatre turned of. It was about late afternoon. Officer Som stood at his seat. The doctors came out with no expression. They approached the officers.

"These are her jewelry and clothes. The attack was a major one. We have removed two bullets from her body. Still, she's unconscious. We have to wait till today night for her to return to consciousness. If still she doesn't wakes up, we need to perform more tests. She's shifted in the special room upstairs. These medicines are required. Do bring them upto her room." The doctors were narrating her condition to the officer.

He simply nodded. He didn't knew what he was supposed to react for the condition of an unknown person. All he thought of doing was to bring her the medicines. He went to the medical store where he met Girish and Officer Jeet.

"Hey buddy. Is the operation over?" Jeet asked as he went towards Officer Som.

"Yup. Just now. I'm about to grab some meds for the lady." He replied.

"How's she? Has she returned to her consciousness? Is she hurt to badly? Was the operation was successful?" Girish popped up questions one after the other as he stood besides Officer Jeet.

"The operation was success. She's still unconscious but doctors say she'll be okay till evening. If not, they will need to perform some tests. And yes, she's hurt. Along with wounds caused due to firing, she even has some bruises on her body due to falling. Nothing more." Officer Som gave details to Girish as Girish panicked on each statement.

"I hope she will be fine soon." Girish replied.

"You guys go upstairs. I'll take the medicines and will join you." Officer Som replied as the men parted their ways.

Girish rushed to her room after enquiring at the reception. He stood outside the room when a nurse stopped him.

"Excuse me sir. You can't go inside right now. We are changing the dressing of the patient. You need to wait." She politely asked him to stay out as Girish sighed.

"Alright..." Girish replied.

"Has her husband sent the medicines with you?" The nurse asked them as Girish looked at her with a big question mark on his face.

"Her husband?" They both asked in unison as they didn't knew anyone else was there along with officer.

"But she never told me about him..." Girish spoke in disappointment.

"Why would she, are you her family member?" Jeet spoke in sarcastic tone as Girish looked at him with anger in his eyes.

"Look mister. She's my good friend..." Girish gave angry glares to Jeet as he spoke.

"Leave him sister. Are you sure you handed the things to the right person?" Jeet spoke as he interrupted Girish.

"Yes. I've handed him her belongings and prescription for required medicines. I told him specifically that the medicines need to be brought as soon as possible." The nurse spoke as they heard a man panting behind them.

"Sorry for the late sister. Here are the required meds you asked for." Officer Som handed the medicines to the nurse.

"You can't afford to be late sir. Keep them on the table there and wait besides her. She has started to regain her consciousness. I'll explain you the dosages and her diet." The nurse said as she moved outside the room.

"Umm... Sir... I can wait if you won't mind..." Girish spoke as he wanted to meet Rohini.

"Umm... Sure. Have these. We will wait outside." Girish went in as he took the medicines from the officer.