• 7 •

~Mobile phone rings~

"Hello, Vijay Kumar speaking."

"This is Agent Sitara. Meet me ASAP at my place. Bring Isha along with you." Rohini spoke from the other side.

"Okay boss. Will be there in ten minutes." Vijay hung up the call.

Agent V, or Vijay Kumar, as he was known as, was the technical head of Rohini's team. His wife, Agent Ruby, aka Isha Kumar was Rohini's assistant. Although Rohini was younger than rest of her teammates, she was still appointed as their boss because she carried the potential to lead her own's team. She dialled the number of her next teammate, Girish.

"Hello, Mr. Girish speaking." The man answered.

"Agent Sitara here. At my place in ten minutes." Rohini replied.

"Ok boss. Over and out." Girish disconnected the call.

Rohini and her teammates had massive trust over eachother. They were working together since past two years and had bonded together pretty well. Girish was not only a teammate for Rohini, but also he was her first friend in R.A.W. institute. Both of them had joined on the very same day and were together since their first mission.

Rohini awaited for her teammates to reach at her home. The doorbell rung.

"Good evening Ma'am. This is Astra plumbing services. We received a complaint from you. I'm here to resolve the leakage in your bathroom." A man showed up on the front door of Rohini's house.

"Come in." Rohini was confused as she hadn't called any company for leakage issues. But her subconscious mind told her that it may be one of her teammates.

"Thanks for letting me in boss. Can I have a glass of water." It was Vijay dressed as a plumber.

"Sure. Where is Isha?" Rohini asked as he gave him water.

"On her way. By the way, can I ask you something?" Vijay asked her.

"Sure Vijay. You're my friend off duty, you can ask me whatever you want before others arrive." Rohini replied with a smile as she sat besides him.

"Why you always wear sarees? I have observed you since we are together. Whenever we visit your home, we find you dressed in a saree." He asked as she laughed.

"This is the attire I'm wearing since my 11ty grade. We were pretty poor. We couldn't afford to buy new dresses. So I used to wear my mother's sarees. They remind me of my past and take me closer to my mother. And I feel comfortable in them. So I wear them whenever I'm home alone." Rohini replied.

"So cute. I never thought that these were you mom's sarees." Vijay said.

Rohini faked her smile. But her inner self knew, she was lying. She had to wear sarees because her mother used to throw her old and worn out ones on Rohini. Rohini never had used new clothes untill her marriage with Shashi. That was the only day her family treated her with respect.

Rohini still remembered Shashi. If not for him, she would have been in some orthodox family, serving them. He dared to bring her in the city. He was the reason why she was able to live her dream. She thanked him everyday though his picture.

Rohini hadn't thought of anyone else other than Shashi as her better half. She had fallen for him the day she married him. She felt that he was the only man after Ramesh, whom she can trust. But she never wanted to force her relation. Still, she regretted leaving him.

Doorbell rang again. This time it was Girish and Isha. Both of them had arrived together. They knew how to act infront of the common people.

"Ohh Rohini, it's been so long since we last met. Look, and today your Bhabhi (Isha) also wanted to come here. Won't you let us in?" Girish spoke as he held Isha's hand.