• 6 •

"It's been quite long since we met last time." Ramesh spoke.

"I know Dada. Since the day I've shifted to Dubai, I didn't even had time to take care of myself. The work has been hectic since day 1 and it was difficult to adjust in the new surroundings. And on your important day, on your marriage also I'm unable to take a leave." Rohini said as she placed her laptop on the table.

"It's alright Rohini. Thanks to this technology, at least you are present virtually with us. And the ceremony was a simple one. Only your sister-in-law's parents, close relatives and our close relatives were there. Look, Sakshi wants to talk to you." Ramesh said as he left the table to call his wife, Sakshi.

Rohini knew Sakshi since her childhood. Sakshi was in the same class as that of Ramesh. Both of them loved each other since their college days. It was obvious for Rohini that they were getting married. The only thing she regretted was not being able to attend the most important function of her brother's life, his marriage.

It had been almost four years since Rohini last met Shashi. She had secretly being taking education after she turned 18. Her professors knew her background so they allowed her to take education in short lessons. Rohini was fond of Criminal Science since she was a little girl. She decided to pursue her dream course after she got her results of 12th class. Unlike her school days, her intelligence and talent didn't go unnoticed in her 12th class. Her professor knew about her likings and hence, helped her to pursue the course of her dreams. She used to visit the Pune city for five times a week along with Ramesh so as to sell the vegetables her father grew in their farm. But little her father knew, Rohini and Ramesh had made a contract with three restaurants to sell everything they got. In this way, they used to save time and utilised it for their higher education.

Rohini joined her course again after her meet with Shashi. She never told him that she was already taking education, because she knew, he would track her education so as to ensure she's safe. She didn't wanted to trouble him more as she thought that this marriage was a burden on him. She passed with excellent grades two years ago and was immediately hired by her dream company, R.A.W., Research and Analysis Wing, India. She had unparalleled skills for crime investigation and her talent shone at the right direction. She was now appointed as a Secret Agent in U.A.E. for having a track on terrorist who took shelter in Dubai and were planning to attack on India.

"Hey Ro, how are you doing ? Yaar, you know, we missed yu so much in our wedding. I just hope you finish your shift there and come back to India soon !!" Sakshi said as she sat in front of the laptop.

Rohini came out of her trance. She was a normal chef in a restaurant for her family. No one, not even Ramesh knew what was exactly her job. All of them thought of her as a chef in a multinational restaurant. They were happy with her life, so was she.

She was happy with her work. It was all she had dreamt of. Just there was one void in her life... She missed the man she loved.

She went towards her closet. She had an image of him there. She held it and recited few words for him...

“जिसके लहू में जंग,
(Whose blood flows with the power to fight,)
दिल में तिरंगा हैं...
(Whose heart houses the tricolour of India...)
तंग करदे दुश्मनों को,
(Who can freeze the enemy with his valour,)
वोह जिगर फौलाद हैं...
(Who has the unshakeable potential...)
जिसकी दहशत का पता,
(Whose terror can be sensed,)
कातिलों के दिल में हैं...
(In the hearts of the culprits...)
हमारे दिलों में बसा,
(You are the one who resides inside my heart,)
तू वो मसीहां हैं...
(You are the precious gift we received from the Almighty...)

A tear escaped from her eyes as she glanced at the image.

Her trance was broken by a knock on the door of her house.

"Who's there?" She asked as she pulled the scarf over her head.

"Lady Sheikh, this is your house assistance, Nabela." A voice was heard from the other side.

Rohini had forged her identity in the foreign land so as to confuse the criminals. She adopted the name suggested by her seniors, Ms. Noor Sheikh. She went towards the door and opened it. Nabela, her house assistance stepped inside.

"A letter has arrived for you. Have it." She said as she handed Rohini a letter.

She opened it. It had a message for herself in a code language.

“शमा कहे परवाने से,
परे चले जा...
मेरी तरह जल जाएगा,
यह नहीं आ...”

It was a line of a famous song from a bollywood film. Her teammate, Vijay had sent her this secret message.

She got the hint. She needed to leave Dubai in next few hours. Someone may have founded her original identity and it may be a risk to herself as well as the team.

She checked the letter. It also had a secret message hidden behind the poetic line.

"We all are leaving in different planes after tommorow sunset. Try to leave this country before tommorow afternoon. You will meet with our senior, Agent Rishi at our regular place, in our regular city, at our regular time.
- Agent V"

She instructed her assistance that she was leaving.

"What's the reason for sudden departure, Lady Sheikh?" Nabela asked as she was working with Rohini since past one year.

"Umm... My beloved wishes to meet me..." Rohini lied as her assistance jumped with joy.

"Alhamdulillah! (Praise the Lord!)
I'm so happy for you! Finally you will meet your beloved. You will make the best couple. May you be blessed!" Nabela jumped with joy.

Rohini packed her stuff. She left not even a bit of paper behind her. She tucked her gun on her waist belt and hid it under the Burkha, a long garment worn by Islamic women. She was about to depart when Nabela came to bid her good-bye.

"Thank you Nabela. I will leave tonight. Hope we will meet again." Rohini said as she hugged Nabela.

"Sure Lady Sheikh. Inshallah (Lord willing) may you have a safe journey." She said as Rohini settled in her taxi.

Rohini soon arrived in India through airways. She landed in Pune and went straight away to their office in Pune. She knew, Agent Rishi must be there as it wasn't late yet.

"I never knew Agent Sitara was so fast in understanding the hidden meanings of the letters." He said as Rohini stood in front of him.

"Jai Hind sir!" Rohini greeted him as he motioned her to settle down.

"The terrorist group has moved back in India. I want you to trace their phone numbers and find where they are currently." Agent Rishi told her as she opened her Laptop.

"I've already found out, Agent Rishi. They're here in Pune itself." Rohini said as she presented some data to her senior.

"Pretty fast you are, Agent." Agent Rishi exclaimed as he looked at the data.

"They plan to attack a public school in order to blackmail our government and free their leader whom we captured last year in Dubai. I'm sure this would be their sole purpose of the attack." Rohini said as Agent Rishi nodded.

"Make sure no one's harmed. Your team will be here by tommorow night. Plan out your strategy and start working over it. I want all of them under arrest this time." Agent Rishi commanded as Rohini nodded.

"Worry not Boss. I assure you. Jai Hind!" She said as she left the place.

-------------------------

Another update!!

Do let me know your thoughts in the comments...

Also, who can be the missing man in Rohini's life? Put your assumptions in the comments...

Next update soon,

Till then, stay safe, take care and lots of love 💕