• 3 •

It had been four days since Shashi had stayed in the village. He loved to go around the village and enjoy the rural life. The only thing he missed was his mother who used to take him round the village when he was a small boy.

He used to visit Aasra Seva Trust every morning to meet the kids. But one things was disturbing him past two days...

-------------------------

"Good evening Ramesh." Shashi greeted the caretaker of the trust, Ramesh.

"Good evening..." Ramesh said with a hint of sadness in his voice.

"What happened ? You look sad..." Shashi asked as he sat in front of Ramesh.

"It's about Rohini..." He replied.

"Actually I wanted to ask you the same. I didn't saw her here past two days..." Shashi said.

"How could you ? Her father locked her in their house. The poor girl lives a pitiful life." Ramesh said.

"Means...?" Shashi asked.

"She has a twin brother. Their family is of orthodox mindset. She never recieved the love of her mother. She was grown up by my mother. We both work for her family. She was forced to work since she was three years old. Her father never even held her hand or appreciated her work in her entire life. She worked very hard to score best in her classes. She was the top scorer in her every class. Her father, still, never loved her. She was educated only so that her brother can pass with her notes and answers. But as her brother declared he won't study after 12th class, her education was stopped. Her family only fed her so that one day they can use her to marry off in a wealthy family and become rich. But she wants to study, she wants to graduate and do a job. So she declined to marry. But as soon as her father came to know about her thought, he locked her in the basement of their home. She hasn't even eaten food since two days. And today morning, she was forcefully taken to the temple for her marriage. I tried to stop them, but in return, I got thrown out of the house. Now I can't see her anymore. She isn't just my friend, but also my sister. I feel sad for her..." Ramesh was telling her story but Shashi didn't hear a single word.

All Shashi could hear was she was being forcefully married to someone. He felt something for her, but didn't knew what. He wanted to stop that marriage but didn't knew why he felt so sad after hearing that she is getting married.

"Sir... Sir... What happened ?" Ramesh asked a tear escaped from Shashi's eyes.

"Where is she being married ?" Shashi asked as he cleared his throat.

"In the temple of Malhari Martand. Please, if you can, free my sister..." Ramesh said as Shashi left the house.

"I will try my best to save her..." Shashi said as he left.

Shashi started his bike and rushed towards the temple. He knew there was a wedding today night while he left it today morning. He was supposed to leave for the city today morning but he stayed back till he met Rohini. But he didn't knew that he will see her in her own's marriage.

He entered the temple. The priest was chanting the holy chants. He didn't saw Rohini in the crowd. There weren't many people. The ceremony was about to start when the priest asked a lady to bring the bride from her room.

Shashi looked around and saw a room with the mark of bride's room. He went towards that room. He saw Rohini sitting inside the room. She was sitting in the chair and crying. She looked pale and weak. Shashi stepped inside the room and locked it.

Hearing the sound of locking of the door, Rohini shivered. She looked up and a horrified look was spread over her face. Her eyesight was blur due to crying for a long time. She wiped her eyes to have a clear look at the unknown man.