Leo the Wise

Ron and Hermione's newly ignited feud was still prevailing on the night the Gryffindor team won against Ravenclaw.

Banners were strung from the ceiling, the lights were charmed to flicker different colours and someone had started up the radio which was currently playing a Weird Sisters song that everyone seemed to think sounded better screamed. Aurora had to admit that it was the most fun she'd had in a while: watching Oliver see how quick he could chug a butterbeer, dancing with Dean and Seamus, getting congratulated at every turn for the scores she'd managed to make.

She could forget all her issues, all her growing anxiety's, in the thrumming adrenaline that the party gave her, causing her cheeks to flush and her voice to raise in excitement.

Angelina danced with her a bit, swinging their arms together and spinning the younger girl about as she giggled and swayed. Their voices tangled together in the lyrics of the songs and Katie threw her arms around them both, holding them close as she sang. Aurora had to admit that she felt so grown up hanging out with her fellow chasers, especially Angelina who was already sixteen. She wore blue eyeshadow and eyeliner and could mess around with the twins in class, she'd even had fire whiskey before! As far as Aurora was concerned, she'd met no one cooler then Angelina Johnson.

As soon as Oliver stepped onto the common room table, the Gryffindor's fell silent in anticipation. Fred and George looked incredibly amused as Katie rolled her eyes fondly, shooting their captain a thumbs up. Oliver paused dramatically, placing a hand to his heart as he seemed to get choked up.

Aurora thought he was faking getting emotional until she saw Percy had him a tissue which he dabbed his cheeks with. Angelina elbowed her with a sly smile when Aurora stifled a laugh, you'd think they'd already won the cup.

"I've been dreaming of this moment ever since Charlie Weasley recruited me at the tender age of twelve to join his quidditch team, I'd seen the way he'd led our house to victory and I knew I'd make it my life goal to do the very same." He took in a deep breath. "I know I have the best team that this house has ever seen and that they won't fail me. This is Gryffindor's year!" He shouted at the end and the whole room erupted into roars. Fred and George pretended to be reduced to tears as they yelled back at the older boy.

"Jolly good show, Oliver!"

"We won't let you down, old chap!"

Oliver even came over to hug each of his chasers. He embraced Aurora last before grabbing her hands as he addressed the trio. "I know you three will put flesh and blood into training for the final game. It will be a legendary finale to my Hogwarts Quidditch career!" He got a dreamy look his face, eyes sparkling before wondering back into the crowd.

"But no pressure." Aurora murmured causing the other two girls to laugh.

"Care to place your bets, girls?"

Angelina audibly sighed as Fred came sliding up behind them. George held a pen out expectantly.

"We have two going: how many times you think Oliver will mention Charlie in his victory speech?" He explained.

"And which Weasley do you think is Oliver's favourite?" Fred finished, "We currently have four votes for Charlie, two for Percy and one for George and Ginny." He frowned as if finally realising he had no votes.

"Careful, Oliver might make you run extra laps of the pitch if he sees you doing this." Katie teased then grinned abruptly, "But put me in for 10 times and Percy."

Fred mumbled something unsavoury about Percy as George wrote. Aurora raised her eyebrows. "For that comment, put me down for Percy too and 15 times."