Have Hope

"Put me down Georgie!" Aurora laughed loudly as George hoisted her over his shoulder. The three of them were having an evening pillow fight. 

"Can't you see, I'm saving you Rory!" Aurora huffed in fake annoyance at his comment. 

"Like Fred could beat me in a fight." She shot back as George hit his twin rather hard across the face. 

"Hey!" Fred pouted, although Aurora didn't know if it was because of her comment or because George had sent him tumbling ungracefully to the floor. 

"Surrender to your fate Freddie!" George demanded while pointing his pillow at him like it was a sword. 

"Never." Fred smirked, prompting George to smack the pillow across his chest, sending feathers into the golden tinted air. 

Fred gasped and reached his hand out dramatically as he faked his own death. Aurora was laughing madly at the two of them and her contagious laugh caused the twins to fall out of character. 

That's when McGonagall burst through the door.  

George dropped Aurora back onto the floor and she cheerfully greeted the strangely solemn professor as Fred blushed, picking himself off of the floor. 

"Thank goodness, I've been looking for you three." McGonagall admitted. The smile fell from Aurora's face. 

"Is something wrong Professor?" She spoke to her favourite teacher. The usually stern woman sighed sadly. 

"I'm afraid it's your brother and your sister." She turned to each of them in turn. 

Aurora felt her blood run cold. 

-

Leo and Ginny were taken to the chamber of secrets. Aurora could barely come to terms with it. She had so many questions but her main one was, why? 

She had just finished writing a letter to her Mum and was now seated in the common room with her head on George's shoulder. She just stared into the fire as Fred nervously tapped his foot. Her hand had been shaking so badly when she was writing her letter that George had had to take the quill from her hand and sign her name for her. 

Aurora felt so helpless. Her little brother could be dead and that thought shattered her heart. She just wished she could do something rather then wait for her tears to fall. 

Fred and George left to their dorm a couple of moments later. George had squeezed her hand before he left but it did nothing to help the empty feeling of pure dread that had welled up inside of her.

Ron and Harry were still sitting in front of the fire with their shoulders touching as they began to talk. It had been very difficult when Hermione had been petrified but Aurora had been spending a significant more time with them since then. It was incredibly strange without Hermione but, under constant false accusation, Harry needed his god sister by his side. 

Aurora moved to sit next to Harry and he allowed her to lean her head against his. 

"She knew something, Harry," Ron spoke shakily for the first time. "That's why she was taken. And I bet if she knew something then so did Leo. They must of found something out about the Chapter of Secrets. That must be why she was-"He had to take a moment to compose himself. "I mean, they were pure-bloods. There can't be any other reason." He turned to Aurora at the end searching for some kind of support but she wasn't sure she could give him any. Her lips parted slightly. 

"Harry," Her voice was dry, "there is a chance that they aren't- you know... isn't there." But Harry was at loss for words, he didn't know what to say to comfort either of them.