Oliver Woods Nightmare Match

(TW: brief mention of suicide)

All four houses were escorted to the Great Hall that evening while Leo and Aurora were called back and taken to Remus's rooms within the castle. 

Leo had arrived with confused yet tired eyes and hair ruffled from the sleep that he was rudely awaken from. Once Remus had explained what had happened he turned away, looking solemn. 

"Can we, please, see Mum?" He begged half-heartedly, already knowing the answer. Uncle Remus sighed. 

"I'm afraid not, Leo. But don't worry, she's perfectly safe at the Weasley's." Aurora hated how she was thankful at his words. She must be a terrible daughter, no wanting to see her own mother. 

Remus led them through his rooms that resembled a rather large flat. Aurora had never even wondered where the teachers slept but his room was lovely. It was filled with hand crafted furniture and the floors were soft with white carpet. 

"You can sleep in my bedroom," He said, waving his wand so that the double bed broke into two. "I'll be searching the corridors and, don't worry, Dumbledore has put the very best portraits in charge of this room."  He turned to leave but Leo spoke up again. 

"You don't really think he would hurt us, do you?" 

Remus clenched the door frame and looked at them through sandy hair, "No." He started sincerely, "I don't think he would." And then he swept out of the room, letting the door shut behind him. 

Aurora huffed and flung herself onto the bed. The ceiling was enchanted like the great hall to resemble the night sky that was miles above them. 

"He's up there you know." 

Aurora turned to look at her brother who was also gazing up at the stars. He lifted his hand and swiped his palm along the air as if  he could move the stars. 

"Who?" She asked him. 

"Dad." He replied, looking rather devastated. He pointed out one of the stars to her and she could see it clearly now. Their Dad was named after that star, the brightest one in the sky, and now it was glimmering weaker than it had before. Like it sensed the pain from down below. 

Aurora glared at it in hatred before burying herself under the covers and pretending not to hear Leo ask if she was awake. 

-

The next day was worse then the two could of ever imagined. All anyone could talk about was Sirius Black and everyone seemed to think that Leo and Aurora were the reason he tried to get into the common room in the first place. The more rumours and jests that they heard, the more they believed them. 

Uncle Remus's soothing words were suddenly meaningless as Aurora thought about all the things her father had done. If he could lead James and Lily to their deaths then whose to say that he wouldn't do the same for his children.  

"Bet you regret it now." A voice startled Aurora in the library one evening. 

Theodore Nott was looming in the shadows, brooding handsomely as he swiped brown curls from his forehead. He spoke with cruel understanding. 

"Excuse me?" She hissed, spinning to glare at him. 

"The sorting," he said as if it was obvious. "You would of faired well in Slytherin, we're all like you. Imprisoned family, cast out by everyone else because of the people that surround us." 

Aurora knew that his older brother was imprisoned for being a death eater. He had later died in Azkaban and his mother had killed herself in front of Theodore when he was only seven. It was awful, a front page story in The Daily Prophet.  Perhaps all pureblood lives were tragedy's.