Roses and Twins

Later that very day Aurora followed her mum and godfather as they walked through the familiar streets of Diagon Alley. She was forced to hold Leo's hand, to both the siblings dismay, but she didn't mind so much once there was the promise that her wand would be one of the first things they got.

The streets were bustling with an abundance of people who walked frantically, desperate to get supplies as the new term of Hogwarts was fast approaching. But, even with the almost impenetrable crowd, Diagon Alley was still so amazing and magical to gaze upon. It hadn't changed much over the years apart from a few new shops so Remus and Adrianna could navigate it with ease. Yet, both were still weary in the busy streets having not quite recovered from the intense Auror training both had taken in order to fight in the first war.

"We have to visit Gringotts first." Adrianna reminded her children who both shivered at the thought. The Gringotts goblins were so unsettling, they would always stare at you with their beady eyes and they wouldn't take their eyes off of you till you had been approved to enter your vault.

They were soon in front of Gringotts though and the building towered so very tall above them. The columns holding it up were tilted slightly to the left and the entrance to the bank was encrusted with golden swirls. Aurora had always hated coming here as it highlighted just how high and powerful her family actually was. Her mother was rich beyond what anyone could ever dream for, not only had all the Black family fortune gone to her after the last Black had died but Adrianna had also inherited all of her own family's money, for there was no one left of the house of Rose. But, despite the riches Adrianna still insisted that she work, she even tried to donate some of the money to good causes and she had argued for hours with Remus until he finally agreed to share a vault with her. The last thing her mother had done to sort out all the money was to lock most of it down in the highly guarded vault that the Black family had always owned, she had no use for the money and it felt wrong to take it from a family she had only married into.

Aurora watched cautiously as the goblin led them through the twisted stone halls of Gringotts until they reached a familiar railway. The goblin, who had stringy brown hair and watery eyes, whistled once and the cart came zooming round the corner.

"Remus, you don't mind watching Leo while me and Aurora go to the vault do you?" Adrianna asked as she climbed onto the metal seat. Remus assured her if was fine and Leo frowned having been looking forward to the rollercoaster like ride. 

 Aurora grabbed her mother's outstretched hand and she helped her into the cart, then, with one last whistle, they were off rounding the corners of the maze like track at a swift pace. Soon Remus and Leo disappeared from view and the door of their vault was fast approaching. 

The vault was the very same that had been owned by the Rose family for generations and that was made obviously clear by the large, gold encrusted rose which had been carefully crafted to always lay fixed on the door. Aurora moved to run her fingers along the smooth surface but, before she could, the doorway clicked several times and broke apart to reveal the inside of the vault itself.

The walls were stacked with all kinds of coins some that even Aurora didn't recognise, perhaps from another country or from so long ago that they were no longer used. But that wasn't the only thing in the vault, there were also all kinds of heirlooms: jewellery, gauntlets, furniture, trophies and there were even some extravagant looking dresses and suits. A large painting that hung on the farthest wall caught Auroras attention. It was of a family of four and she recognised all of them . Her younger mother, at about age 9, was seated in front of an older man and woman who Aurora knew to be her grandparents, despite her having never met them, and the last was a boy about 4 years older than her mum: her uncle Toby. Uncle Toby was always a sore subject for her mum as he had died a couple of months before Aurora had been born. He'd been forced to join the death eaters by his own parents and due to the fact he was Slytherin and their heir he had no escape, no choice. Uncle Toby has agreed to be a spy for Dumbledore soon after he was recruited but you-know-who was smart and could read into anyone's mind so he was exposed as being a spy and killed by the dark Lord himself. He'd never even got to meet his niece.