Cedric's Trip to Hogsmeade

Aurora watched her friends leave eagerly for Hogsmeade from a window on the fourth floor. She had her knees pulled against her chest as she perched on the ledge. The window was about five metres from the ground so she had to use a climbing charm to reach it. Uncle Remus had shown her it in September, claiming that he found it in first year when he tried to hide from any human interaction. Aurora had to admit that it was conveniently out of sight but, since Fred and George had the marauders map, it didn't prove very effective for her.  

"Please come down Rora!" Fred begged.

"We can used the passaged way to sneak you into Hogsmeade." George encouraged. 

Aurora sighed, all three of them had snuck into Hogsmeade last year for Aurora's birthday. It was on the first of December so all the decorations had been beautiful to gaze at as they enjoyed a pint of butterbeer. But sneaking into Hogsmeade was no where near as fun as being able to wonder around freely; they had to hide every time they saw someone coming round the corner and that was just in the evening.  

"Look, princess, we are going to Hogsmeade with or without you so you can stop sulking and use the passage or don't expect any chocolate frogs from us when we return." Fred said, crossing his arms and failing to look serious. 

"Fine, fine." Aurora laughed, jumping off of the ledge much to the twins horror as they ran to stop her from falling. "I'm guessing you aren't going to be joining me down there?" 

"Of course not!" said George, "That passage in tiny and we've had a growth spurt if you haven't already noticed, we'd hit our heads on the ceiling so many times we would be illiterate before we even got there!" 

Aurora clicked her tongue and didn't bother to mention that Ron was still taller than both of them. 

The boys followed her to the one eyed witch statue before saluting her and running to join the last few people leaving for the village. Aurora tapped the statue with her wand and uttered 'Dissendium' which caused the witch's hump to shoot open. She stared at the narrow gap in apprehension before securing her hat and gloves then sliding through the opening. 

Managing to stop herself from landing on the floor like last time, Aurora immediately lit up her wand and started the long walk to the Honeyduke's cellar. The walk was shorter then she remembered but slightly more cramped and Aurora tripped on the stairs leading towards the trap door causing her to stub her toe and let out a string of curse words that she defiantly learnt from Charlie Weasley. 

The cellar was just how it had been before with rows upon rows of sweets and chocolates. An old record player (like the one Adrianna owned) was playing in the corner of the room and one of the younger workers was dancing to it as he sorted through packages. Aurora snickered at him before taking the opportunity to escape through one of the back doors which was a lot more inconspicuous then going right through the shop. 

She watched the door for a moment before grinning in victory and spinning right into someone. 

"Aurora?" The girl in question groaned at getting caught already and met the amused eyes of Cedric Diggory. 

"Hey, Cedric." She replied, trying to sound casual but the look on his face proved that he knew something was off, perhaps the finger guns were too much. 

"I thought you weren't supposed to be here?" He had turned slightly serious and Aurora almost groaned again at the sight of a prefects badge glowing on his uniform. 

"What gave you that idea?"

"Oh, I don't know, maybe that argument you had with Professor Lupin this morning."