Ashes

Prisoner of Azkaban

Aurora had a dream one humid night in July, two years after the first dream, that had seemed so painfully real. 

She started off in a room that was unfamiliar to her. It was large like some kind of old fashioned ballroom, the kind of thing you might see in a Disney movie. Many witches and wizards were scattered around the room. Each outfit Aurora saw was more smart and graceful than the last. The wizards wore dress robes in dark, velvet materials and the witches wore gowns that flowed out from their bodies like running water. 

Aurora seemed to float past them as she willed herself forward. It was as strange as it was before. She was completely aware and completely in control. 

She rapidly searched for any familiar faces. Last time, she had seen her father. Was it possible for him to show up again? 

Aurora huffed, everyone looked the same. It was just an ocean of fancy and expensive clothes. 

She scanned the area around her once more before doing a double take. Was that Leo? She had caught sight on a slightly short and rather skinny boy with neatly styled, black curls. From behind, the boy might as well be an older version of her brother but, as he turned around, Aurora discovered that it certainly wasn't Leo. 

This boy had bright blue eyes and high cheekbones. His face was stern and well structured as if sculpted out of stone. Something was strangely familiar about him. 

He gazed around looking rather bored as Aurora studied him. Then he did something surprising. 

He looked Aurora in the eyes and her own widened. Could he see her? No one else in the room seemed to be able too. He narrowed his eyes just before they lightened slightly and he scrunched his nose up as if amused my something. It was at that moment that Aurora realised he wasn't looking in her eyes but rather someone behind her. She turned quickly to try and see whoever it was but her dream seemed to fold in on its self as it changed. 

She was enveloped in darkness as she spun around. But, like before, she wasn't alone. The boy she had been looking at had disappeared and, in his place, was a creature she couldn't quite make out. 

It turned it's head towards her before deciding to run on into the abyss. Aurora reached out a hand as she chased after it, not wanting to be alone. 

She ran all the way into consciousness. 

Gasping as she awoke, Aurora pulled her duvet closer to her chest. It wasn't as bad as her last dream but it brought all the confusion crashing down on her once again. She rested her head back down, prepared to stare at her ceiling and mull over the details but a pair of raised voiced caused her to perk up again.   

Her Mum and  Uncle Remus. No! She didn't want them to argue again! 

Aurora rushed out into the hallway after throwing on her dressing gown and a pair of fluffy slipper socks. Leo, who was standing in his Ravenclaw pyjamas, was already a couple steps ahead of her with a anxious look in his eye. 

Everything had been fine after Leo came back from the Chamber of Secrets. Their small family of four had been closer than ever, it made no sense for Adrianna and Remus to be fighting. They hadn't fought in years. 

Aurora and Leo wondered into the kitchen. Leo looked slightly sheepish and Aurora had her arms crossed, ready to demand that they stop arguing but her arms dropped when she saw the predicament. 

Adrianna had her arms wrapped around her stomach, over her dress that was hanging limp at her sides. Her face was stained with tear tracks and her eyes were red, looking at Remus pleadingly.