three

Calmly, Leo flicked the pages of his book, skimming through the pages as he ever so often glanced at Ginny. 

She was lying back on the slightly frosted grass with Leo's scarf wrapped around her shoulders. They were just enjoying the peaceful comfort of each other's company as they got so little time to do so nowadays. 

So, it came as a great surprise when the young girl lifted her head from the ground- the small droplets of frozen ice that were on her hair melting away like they had touched fire - and stood up abruptly with the strange book in her hand. She always had it on her person; Leo had never seen her without it tucked under her arm or in the folds of her backpack. Ginny lifted it with a single hand and raised  her head up high before launching the cursed book through a window in the castle that shattered quite ungracefully as leather met its delicate surface. 

Leo gaped at her not only for destroying the window but for throwing her precious book away so suddenly. 

Ginny stood still for a moment, breathing heavily, before dissolving into tears. Leo shot up to comfort her by pulling her into a hug and stroking her hair. 

"I'm so sorry," she mumbled almost incoherently. "I didn't mean too." She seemed to choke on her own words so Leo shushed her in a manner which suggested he understood what she was trying to say when, really, he had absolutely no idea what was going on and that thought set his anxiety on edge. 

So many questions ran rampant about his head but he just didn't have the answers to any of them.