Don't punch a Dursley

3rd of August 1992, 28 days before start of second year- Chamber Of Secrets 

"We get along so well mum, I'm so happy I told him the truth. He deserves to know everything about his parents." Aurora told her mother happily as they sat at the kitchen table. 

Adrianna was listening to her daughter as she occasionally helped her son with a few difficult words in his copy of "The Great Gatsby". Leo had been reading religiously all summer because he knew he wouldn't be able to take all his books with him to Hogwarts. 

"You should of told him about your father darling," Adrianna hummed into her cup of tea, "Harry adored Sirius as a baby." She placed her chin on her hand gazing into nothing like some lovesick teen. Aurora scoffed at her mothers denial.

"I don't think he will adore him when he finds out he's raving serial killer mum." Leo furrowed his brows at his sisters comment and her mothers face turned sad yet she made no attempt to argue with her daughter, it was clear she had taken Remus' side. 

"I do hope Harry is okay after what happened at the end of last year," Adrianna changed the subject.

Harry had told Aurora everything that had happened that night with Voldemort and Professor Quirrell but he had made her swear not to tell anyone. So, she missed out the part about Voldemort and just told her mother that their teacher had turned out to be a follower of him and tried to hurt Harry. 

"I'm sure it's fine mum, what harm could Gilderoy Lockhart do?" Even Aurora had to admit she was a bit excited that such a handsome and adventurous man would be their new teacher. Adrianna let out a chuckle at his name. 

"I remember him when he was at school. Joined when we were in about sixth year... something like that, he came strutting in like he woned the place, Sirius and James were horrified when this eleven year old came pushing past them." The three of them laughed at the story and Aurora considered how fun it must of been to go to Hogwarts in the 70s, despite the wizarding war of course. 

The record player was playing quietly in the background as the family of three chatted. Some vinyl of Beatles love songs that was played at least once a week, it had belonged to her father which made sense considering her mum was so attached to the old thing. 

Aurora stared out of the kitchen window and into the field that kept the Burrow from view. It was a gorgeous summer day and, although Aurora preferred the comfort of bitter winter, she could greatly appreciate the rays of sun on her skin and the burst of colour over the dry, grassy fields. 

The young girl had grown taller since the beginning of first year and her straight hair had now been cut to rest just below her shoulders. More freckles splattered her mothers cheeks but Leo's and her own remained clear and smooth like porceline, another thing to remind people of their father. 

The fluttering of wings signalled the arrival of their pet owl, Artemis. Aurora immediately bounced up to grab the letters from the owls dark claw. She flicked through them quickly, searching for a specific letter and when she didn't see it she sighed. 

She had sent Harry many letters asking how he was but she was yet to receive any back. She had even sent one saying happy birthday and explaining that she had his birthday present with her at home. His birthday was three day ago and now she was getting worried, Ron hadn't received any replies either. 

Aurora decided that if she doesn't get a reply by tomorrow she'll have to figure out a better way to make sure Harry is safe. 

-

It was bright that night with stars painted into the sky and the moon illuminating the distant darkness. Yellow street lights flickered like fireflies in the empty towns and Aurora lay peacefully in a gentle slumber.