Chapter 8: Getting along

---Y/n Pov---

It was 6.30 a.m in the morning.
Already dressed in some sport clothes a little yawn escaped from my lips while strolling with heavy legs along the corridor to the common room.
Dark eyebags were showing slightly on my light pale skin another sign of not gotten any proper sleep last night, only to wake up in shock covered in cold sweat, thick air filling the room like any else night's before and that only the cause of nightmares. I sighed asking myself when all of this would be over.

"Good morning", I greeted barely the redhead assassin when I made my way into the room approaching directly the kitchen island to grab a cup of coffee with hazelnut flavour.

She was sitting on the chair with crossed legs, elbows placed on the table, resting her chin on her hands without saying anything.

When I was done preparing the hot coffee, I immediately sniffed on the warm steamy coffee before taking a sip. The scent and taste of the coffee loaded a rush of endorphins through my body and a little smile appeared on my face causing my nose to scrunch a bit.
The one thing I learned in my whole life was that coffee in the morning can make someone happy including me.

When I turned around the russian widow was looking at me with an intimately gaze studying my whole face.
"Do I have something on my face or?" while checking at myself up and down.

"No it's not that", she shook her head softly.

I raised my eyebrows in confusion.
"Then what is it?"

"It's just admirable how you behave normal almost like-"

"a human?", I cutt her off from finishing her sentence.

She nodded with her head.

"It's not that difficult actually, I just learned how to copy all the behavior and how to act like one", I explained and drinking my coffee.
"Anyways I am ready for the run", I said dropping the topic before she could say anything.

[...]

The sun was slightly beaming through  the tress and the leaves of the trees from the Park were slowly turning into the shade of dark orange, some were falling of their branch , signalizing that autumn is sneaking slowly on it's way.
I loved autumn if I was honest, itself reminded me that autumn was the softest kiss to the summer to kill it slowly but whenever it woulf fall it would also rise again.
I admired the beauty of it, whenever I had the chance to see the fall season.

"You are really quite y/n", stated Natasha while jogging next to me, her breath becoming more heavier every step she made.

"Yeah sorry I just zoned out, you need a quick break?", I asked her while slowing down a bit.

We both were almost running for two hours through the New Yorker Central Park so I wouldn't mind give her a break since her pulse went miles.

"I wouldn't mind if you need one, sometimes I just forget it while going for a run", addressing her and I stopped on my tracks.

When I stopped she automatically stopped from running, taking a short break, trying her breath to get steady.
I waited patiently til she recovered from the long run.

"I must admit that you really have a high stamina", taking a deep breath between every word she said.

"Nothing special", I shrugged it off.

When she wanted to start on her track she groaned in pain.

"What's wrong?"

"Side stitches", she barely said taking deep breaths clutching her side with her hand.
"Okay let me help you", signalizing her to give me her hand.
"What are you going to do?", the redhead asked me in confusion while giving her hand to mine.