Chapter 12: Evil Spawn and Cheeseburgers

---Y/n Pov---

"Alright just one more and we are done", Bruce said while he was stitching the last wound.

I sighed in relieve all the sweat running down my face while laying down and holding still for 3 hours for a procedure meanwhile being stitched up and getting bandaged was definitely not my thing especially not ethanol lingering in the air causing my nose to burn constantly.

Bruce chuckled lightly.

"Thanks Bruce", I said and got slowly up.

I took a glance at the bandages on my legs and arms, they were wrapped tightly around with a compressionbandage.
My back felt really sore and hot like someone would do a campfire on it.
The gel whatever he put on it made my skin of the neck really itchy and I was the urge of the feeling not to scratch on it.

"Sure no problem", he said while he took a cotton swab dunking it in ethanol and carefully patted it on my temple, a small hiss escaped from my lips and Bruce mumbled a sorry while cleaning the wounds.

"Hey Bruce", I started slowly.

He looked up to me from his glasses and narrowed his brows in question.
"You are not mad that I declined your offer, because otherwise I am sorry I didn't mean to hurt you", I contuined.

"I mean I was a bit down of it if I am honest but I'm sure you have your reasons like everything has it's reason right", he said in understanding voice.

I nodded in agreement.
"Yeah it does".

He gave me a quick glance before asking me.
"Well what's your reason then if you want to tell of course", he said not rushing anything.

I chewed on my bottom lip in hesitation.

"Whenever you are ready, you can always talk to anyone here since we are all a team", he assured as he put the swabs in a shell.

I smiled lightly.
"Thanks Bruce I appreciate it and we are still friends or colleagues you name it right?"

He let a whole heartly chuckle out.
"Of course we are", he said and helped me to put me on my feet.

"Thanks again"
He patted my shoulder before he gave me a comforting hug while I was standing there since I couldn't move properly.

A loud throat clearing from our behind snapped Bruce attention and he quickly pulled away from me nervously.

"Anways thanks to your kinda immortality you should be healed in a couple of days and no touching on your wounds, no activities, no missions, no work, the only thing you need is for now some rest until then", he finished quickly and grabbed the medical stuff from the counter to dispose them.

"Natasha will be the perfect candidate for to take care of you", he added nervously pointing at the redhead behind me looking daggers at Bruce and leaning against the door frame.

"That's not really necessary, I can take care of myself", I blurted waving with my hands wildly.

"Mmh you heard him now come on", she said sternly, taking my arm over shoulder and with her other arm she carried me out from the medical lab to my room.

Natasha insisted staying by my side and looking after me even when I said that it wasn't necessary and I didn't want to bother her much than required nevertheless she wasn't very fond of my failing attempts of my weak arguments
and her being a tough cookie I eventually gave up with a sigh and let her to ease her mind.

After changing myself of the sticky clothes which took a bit of time since I wasn't allowed to do anything which would be to incriminating so I took all the time I had and headed to my bed.