Chapter 11: I'm sorry

"Thanks agent uh-"

"Brock Rumlow", he finished.

---Y/n Pov---

Hearing the name suddenly a throbbing pain shot in my head but I ignored it.

"Well it's nice to meet you agent Rumlow", I said looking at him.

"Likewise agent Mikaelson", he smiled which looked a little smirk on his lips but I dismissed it.

"We are ready", said Hill through the comms.

"Alright also I am", I answered back.

"If you need our help, just call us", said Brock while fidgeting with the trigger of his shotgun.

"Will do", I said barely and putting some black gloves on and stood up making my way to the exit.

"I'm ready, agent Hill", I affirmed standing infront of the exit waiting to jump out.

"Copy that and good luck y/n", she said with a posh accent.

"Thanks", I said before the door opened and jumped out into the dark nothingness.

The cold air lashed sharply against on my skin while flying.
I could detect the small Hydra base that was hidden deep next to the forest.

I turned my attention to the ground I would land on.
300 feet til landing.
I slowly put my hand to the security harness of the parachute.

200 feet distance left.

I squinted my eyes and pulled the harness and waited the parachute to come out and pull me away.

But nothing.

150 feet til I would crash on the ground.
I pulled again this time a bit rougher still nothing.
Adrenaline rushing through my body causing my mind to be aware of the following issue.

100 feet.

50 feet.
Shit I mumbled.
The time was ticking and every second I hesitated made it just worse.
I had to think for an emergency plan quickly, I could have use my powers but there was no time everything went to fast.

I snapped my head when I saw a huge tree on my right side and took quickly the opportunity to carve my hands into wood of the tree and sliding down til I hit my feet with a light thud on the ground.

I sighed in relieve when I heard the crunch of the leaves beneath my boots.
I took the parachute off my back and checked only to realize the deduction of the parachute was missing.
I clenched my jaw.
No wonder why it didn't get pulled off.
I threw the parachute in a bush and checked for my other bag and placed it on my back safely.
I turned away to give a look around my surroundings, everything was pitch dark since it was night so I used my enhanced senses.
I could her the wind blowing roughly through the leaves tearing off of their branches.
Seeing the squirrels crawling in their hole hiding from the cold that was laying in the air.

I shook my head and checked everything I had that I needed.
I put my gun in my hand and the knives in the holder of my trousers.
I tapped on the communication buds.

"Tony?", I asked quietly while being on watch.

No answer.
Only a light rustle was to hear at the end of the line.

It must be the connection I thought.

There was a loud rustle before a voice spoke.
"I'm here", he said back rapidly.
"Y/n do you hear me?", he asked me.