Chapter 13: New Alliance

--- Y/n Pov---

"Any complications besides the explosion?", he asked me in a calm voice.

I debated with myself if I should tell him the incident about the parachute that wouldn't budge which caused me to fall almost in a danger.

I gave him a slow nod.
"Actually there is", I started and his attention fully snapped to me.

"When I jumped from the quinjet to land the parachute wouldn't budge at all, I tried a few times but no use"

Fury nodded along signalizing me to keep going.
"The moment I landed and checked what the issue was I realized that the deduction of the parachute was missing", I ended my sentence.

He had a blank face and crossed his arms.
"I'll see if I find anything suspicious and I'll let you know"

I nodded

"Could you find anything else on that mission?", asking while going through the files infront of him.

"No, only these files I brought, anything about him I couldn't find any information where he could have been.
I tried to track him down since years before I joined you but he was nowhere to be found. It's like he doesn't exist on this earth anymore".

"At least you came back, that's the important one, how are your injuries?", he asked me finally.

"They are healing quickly and thanks to that there wasn't any sign of silver oxide within the explosion neither nano particles", I finished my explanation.

He furrowed his one eyebrow.
"You didn't tell anyone about your weaknesses?", he asked in conclusion.

"I mean you and Tony already know it so", I stated.

He shook his head and handed me my file. The file was literally thicker than Bucky's thighs.
I sighed.
"Oh come on Nick you can't be serious"

"I am and you could really need it. Just talk about with someone like Agent Romanoff since you both have some similarities or with Sargent Barnes or what about the friends that are still in your life", Nick shrugged his shoulders.

"Past is past Nick and besides I'm trying not to pull them in this mess", gesturing him the thick file.

"But you still check up on them?"

"Of course sometimes I'm making sure if they are alright, what a friend would I be if I didn't", I stated.

He nodded and then gave me a paper that looked like a map.
"There has been other couple of Hydra bases detected not one hundred percent sure but pretty sure there are more but maybe he could be there", Fury told me and I kept my eyes on the map.

"Yeah maybe", I mumbled eyeing the red circles and lines that were marked.

"Alright if there are any further missions I will immediately send you but for now", he said stopping mid sentence.
"It's talking that helps", he waved and stood up.

"You are dismissed for now"

"Fine thanks Nick", I said emphasizing his name gaining a sigh from him which thereupon I laughed.