36: THIN LINES

"Stefan, I'll be fine," I tell him with a small smile

"Stefan, I'll be fine," I tell him with a small smile. "I'm only meeting up with Jo, Liv, and Luke to get the latest news on the Joshua situation. You don't have to worry about it so much."

After Damon, Stefan and Alaric woke up, I explained what had happened and we left. Since the Travellers's spell was off, I moved back into the boarding house with Damon and Stefan after gathering my things from Caroline's apartment and hugging her goodbye for now.

That was when I felt normal and for a moment, life was blissful as I glanced at Damon ranting about how we need to go shopping while Stefan was heating up some frozen pizza. Jeremy wasn't home since he decided to move into the manor with Tyler a few days ago.

It was just us three. Damon, Stefan, and Alessia. Just zoned out from the world and sitting together to eat as we did before. Together. We laughed, reminisced, and talked about almost anything that came to mind before I went back to my room to sleep.

Now it's been four days. Not only are we getting anxious but we're feeling a bit puzzled. It's been four whole days and Joshua hasn't retaliated in any way. Why? What is he waiting for?

"I just don't understand why you think I shouldn't be there with you," Stefan tells me. He glances at me once with worry. "He hasn't done anything in four days, meaning he could just be waiting to attack you anytime he finds you all alone."

"I know that but it's highly unlikely that he's going to murder me with a Bar filled with a bunch of people," I point out and my hand touches inside the satchel to feel the dull side of my dagger, "and Stefan, I can protect myself. Plus I have a mini-mission for you."

Stefan opens the door for me and I walk in. He follows right after and tilts his head with narrowed eyes. "A mission?" he questions slowly.

I roll my eyes at him. "Oh come on, Stefan. There is a beautiful blonde out there who had or still might have feelings for you and you're just walking away from it," I say and wave at Liv who's talking to Luke and Jo at the bar. I turn towards Stefan and stop walking. "I'm not trying to push you into something you don't want but I see the way you look at Caroline."

He sighs and puts his hands in the pockets of his leather jacket. His eyes are averted to the floor. "It's not that I don't like Caroline. She's wonderful and beautiful," Stefan starts. He meets my eyes with his deep, green ones. There is something hidden beneath them that confuses me for a moment but it's gone pretty soon. "How about I tell you the entire story when you're done with the meeting?"

"Alright," I say with narrowed eyes and glance at my phone for the time. "Caroline gets out of her class in half an hour which gives you plenty of time to buy her an iced coffee - "

"Sia, maybe I shouldn't," Stefan cuts me off with a frown. "She seemed pretty mad. I didn't even get invited to Thanksgiving."

"And? You're Stefan Salvatore. Practically the most caring and kind person I know," I tell him with a bright smile. I give him a stern look right after. "Now, go apologize to her for being a douchebag and maybe in time, she'll forgive you."