21: HEAL ME

(Alessia's pov)

(Alessia's pov)

Kai tried to help me stand but I cried out in pain because of my ankle.
We argued for about 10 minutes because of this. He said he could easily carry me and I wanted to walk instead. I didn't want his help. I told him I can reach the washroom upstairs by myself and he laughed at me. After a while, I started feeling dizzy since I had forgotten about my wrists still bleeding.

I gave up and Kai carried me upstairs in his arms carefully. He set me down on my washroom counter and left saying he's going to find the first aid.

I look down at my wrists. The two deep cuts are throbbing with pain. Blood is still leaking out of the wounds. I take a deep breath as I try to keep my vision clear.

Kai returns just in time with a box in his hands. He settles it down on the other side of the counter and turns to me. He studies me and reaches for my wrists. He looks down at them and bites his lip. "This is going to hurt," he finally informs me and glances up.

I nod at him and his hands leave my wrists. He turns on the tap and reaches for my wrists. He touches them gently and brings them down into the water. It's cold.

I press my lips together and turn away as I feel my wrists start to throb in pain. It's as if the water is burning them. As if they're on fire.

Kai is entirely focused on lightly brushing away the blood. When the blood finally stops pouring out, he turns the tap off. He grabs a towel and dries off my wrists.

He finally turns to me and takes a deep breath. "I'm going to stitch them up," Kai says calmly. "I'd need you not to move a lot even if it hurts."

I sigh and give him a quick nod. The last time he did stitches on me, I was unconscious. "You - you can do stitches properly, right?" I ask hesitatingly.

"Don't you remember how nicely I snitched you up before?" Kai asks me. His voice is light. He's digging into the first aid kit and suddenly pulls out a shiny needle and thread.

"I was unconscious before," I point out with a small voice.

He takes my left wrist in his hand and looks up at me. "Don't move," Kai says, "or look. It'll make it worse if you look. I need you to hold both sides of the cut together."

I nod and look down at it. I press it together and clench my teeth in pain. I turn away immediately. I stare at the white wall of Stefan's washroom. Think about something else, I tell myself. I need to distract myself just in -

I feel the needle pierce into my skin and I wince. I stay perfectly still. I don't want Kai to accidentally mess up because of me. It would make it worse. I hiss in pain and feel Kai's hand tighten on my wrist.

I turn my gaze towards Kai. He works swiftly and carefully. He bites his lip in concentration and his eyes are entirely focused upon my wrist. I turn away. "You can remove your hand now," he whispers.