11: TRUCE

When I reach Mystic Grill, I stop to catch my breath

When I reach Mystic Grill, I stop to catch my breath. Where am I going to go now? What am I going to do?

He said he wouldn't hurt me. Then again, I shouldn't be able to trust people that quickly. Don't let your guard down again, I tell myself. I have a job, a responsibility, a legacy to fulfill. I have to kill him.

I know my father told me to live my life and become a great leader but I always did what I wanted to. I will avenge first.

I walk into the Grill and my footsteps echo loudly. I curse under my breath but don't stop. I walk up to the bar and sit down.

What am I going to do about Kai?

I killed him but he'll come back. Surprisingly, I didn't want to kill him. He slaughtered his siblings with no remorse but I don't want him dead because of it. He will come back to life regardless.

I do want to slap myself for this but I keep on thinking about it. About if he is capable of redemption.

My brain wires into place with a click. He said something about the Gemini Coven. The Coven that slaughtered mine. He wants revenge on his Coven and I want the leader dead.

I sigh. I can't believe I'm about to do this.

-----

I am sitting on top of the counter with a knife in my hand. I'm aiming it at the dartboard I found at the Grill. It's right beside the door.

I bite my lip, aim and the knife flies out of my hands. Kai walks in when it hits the bullseye. He jumps slightly and looks at the knife that had grazed past him.

"You made it," I say with a faint smile.

"Yeah, it's kind of hard to miss the shattered bottles of alcohol and the little message you wrote for me," Kai says. His face is cold and composed.

He takes out the knife and starts to walk over to me. He motions with his hands. "I'm in here, Kai!" he mocks with a smirk.

When I see him, I can't stop thinking about what went down between us a few hours ago. His hands against my waist, neck, and cheeks. My lips on his soft skin.

I, however, remain calm and stare at him. "Are you going to stab me?" I question with a raised eyebrow and point at the knife.

"Maybe," Kai says and then frowns. He stops in front of me. "Why are you so calm?"

I'm messing with your head, silly.

I smile at him and tap his nose. "I'm not afraid of you."

"Are you drunk?" Kai questions with a raised eyebrow. He leans closer and frowns. "I don't smell any alcohol on you."

I roll my eyes and trail my hand down his arm. He raises an eyebrow and I lift his hand. The one with the knife in it. I take it. He glares at me.