43: ERASED

(Alessia's pov)

(Alessia's pov)

The darkness is overwhelming. The weight of it is pushing me down firmly, planting my feet against the hard floor. My wide eyes are shot open, filled with alarm. I've never been afraid of the darkness but I can feel it. Something is very...very wrong.

"You haven't changed one bit. Still the same as before," whispers a calm voice. It's a woman with a vaguely familiar voice. I whirl around, my eyes only seeing the darkness. Nothing more. "You have grown but you're still clueless as ever since We last saw you."

"Who are you?" I question, swallowing hard. My mind is swirling with several questions. How did I get here? Why am I here? There is no response. I clench my jaw. "I will not be toyed with. Show yourself and tell me who you are."

"How demanding. I can't show you who I am. I'm afraid I will manage to terrify you. But Alessia, you and I — we're connected," she informs me, her voice echoing. Am I in another cave? "You can feel it, can't you? The power."

I lift my chin up, staring right ahead. I know she's there and I know she's right. Something has changed. I don't exactly know when but it did and now, I can feel it.

Something in me has been ignited. It reminds me of when I first experienced turning into a Coven Leader. The pain, the flashbacks, the horror — it came to me all at once. But this feels familiar. Something that I already had. Something that was mine from the start. Something that was taken from me.

"What are you sa—" I halt, attempting to lift my arms. I can't. That's when I notice my hands are bound behind me. A fire lights up steps away from me and my eyes widen. Soon enough, torches are being lit up around me. There is endless darkness behind them. My hair is whirling as I turn, attempting to comprehend what's happening. "Why am I tied up? What's happ–"

Something scratches at my arm, sending shivers up my body as I quickly flinch away. "You are of the Roosevelt Bloodline," whispers a raspy voice, catching at my arm. My head turns but the person has disappeared into the darkness.

"Harbinger of Chaos and Death," whispers another. A shadow appears in front of me. A finger under my chin, lifting it up. My heart is beating hard. The finger traces down my throat slowly. I'm shaking. "Her scream shall drown all the others. Yet it would only tell the impending truth hidden by the fabrication of the cruel reality. She is, by far, the most powerful one but she does not remember."

The torches are ablaze and roaring. The finger is removed. The shadow stays until there is something heading in my direction. My lips part and without a single thought, I scream. It fills the cave, pushing the darkness away from me.

Then, my eyes land on me. I'm covered in blood. My shirt is drenched in my sweat and a harsh splatter of red. Something is trailing down my face, falling to the ground before me. More blood.