20: I TRUST HER

(Bonnie's p.o.v)

I wake up with a hiss of pain. I glance around in the dark as I notice I'm still in the children's room. I blink several times to stay awake and feel something stab my wrist.

I sit up and glance down at them. They're covered in my dried up blood. Someone is stitching them up. I clench my teeth at the pain and scrunch my brows in confusion. How?

After Damon, Stefan, Alaric, and I had finally found the Parker residence, Joshua Parker did not take matters lightly. We tried to consult with him but Damon and he disagreed quite easily.

Before I knew it, a fight broke out. He injured all of us. Alessia wasn't lying about him being dangerous and a bit out of his mind. I have two bruises and two cuts. My cheek is burning in pain and I reach up reluctantly to feel a cut against it. I don't remember getting this one.

After that, I've been in this dark room for a few hours. The bleeding has stopped but I can't seem to shake off the dizziness. I've been trying to move but it's like a magical barrier is restraining me.

Suddenly the door opens, making me jump in surprise and the lights flicker on. I hiss at the bright light and blink several times to adjust to it.

Joshua Parker stands right in front of the door. I glare at him with loathing and his lips twitch a little. He raises his hand and gestures behind him.

When I first met Joshua with the others, he talked about how Kai is a sick monster and how he saved his family by getting rid of Kai. Now, I don't see a particular difference between him and his son; they're both psychotic.

Damon appears immediately at his side and gasps at my sight. I sigh in relief when our eyes meet. His eyes widen and he rushes towards me with his vamp speed. He bends down and puts his arms around me. "I'll heal you, Bon-Bon," he says. His face twists in anger and he snaps his head towards Joshua. "She's lost so much blood. I knew your son was a psychopath but - "

"She'll heal," Joshua says in a calm and dismissive tone. He closes the door and turns towards us with a blank face. "We need to have a chat about - "

"Wait. My wrists are snitched up," I say and lift them up to show it to him. I stare at Joshua with suspicion. "They were cut before but I felt them stitch up by themselves a few moments ago. How?"

Joshua glances down at them and raises a brow. "Malachi must have stitched them up for her," he answers. He is looking off into a distance, deep in thought. "Hmm."

Damon and I exchange looks. "What do you mean Kai stitched them up for there? What did you do to Alessia?" Damon barks with anger.

Joshua stays calm and regards him. He stares down at my wrists and points. "I bonded Bonnie and Alessia so she felt all of Bonnie's injuries," he says simply.

My eyes widen. "Why would you do that?" I question him with a sharp look. After Damon heals me, I have to find a way to contact her and break the link before Joshua tries to hurt me to hurt her. It's bad enough she's in the prison world with Kai and without magic, so her being injured would leave her to become even more defenseless.

He chuckles humorlessly. "You see, Miss Granger and I have some...Coven history," Joshua says and tucks his hands in his pockets. His voice is dark and cold. "I simply wanted to see how she had become after all those years."

Stefan had told us Alessia's story. Not all of it because he didn't want to say things he shouldn't but he told us what happened to Alessia 10 years ago. How Joshua Parker brutally murdered her family and Coven. How Alessia went back to her house and saw what it had become. A house filled with blood.