02: WHO ARE YOU?

I almost smile as I leave

I almost smile as I leave. Bonnie and Damon had started bickering again. I was so happy I wasn't here for this.

They bickered all the time and sometimes it was funny. But it was mostly annoying and gave me headaches which resulted in me accidentally using my magic.

Today, I had been dressed up in Stefan's white t-shirt and light denim shorts. His t-shirt was big and I loved it.

It reminds me of him, my best friend. I sigh and remember his pained expression and tears when he realized Damon and I weren't going to make it. I wanted to comfort him like I always did, but I couldn't touch him. But Caroline was and I had never been more glad.

Plus, the weather here was too sunny. I mean, I loved the sun before but I had formed hate for it now. It would become too hot and I would have to change into revealing clothes but I always settled for Stefan's shirts.

I shut the door and start walking away from the Salvatore boarding house. Keys were jingling on my fingers. I open the door to Damon's car.

I step inside and start the car. I was humming as I took the rubber band from my wrist and started to pull my hair into a low bun. It was naturally straight and easy to run my hand through. Right when I do, I feel a hand touch mine. It was cold and it startles me instantly.

I almost scream. "Damon, I told you not to sneak up on me," I snap but don't turn. Of course, it was him. He had done it twice before.

His hand brushes past mine and takes the rubber band. My hair flew open and around my face. "DAMON!" I shout in anger.

"You look prettier with open hair," he states. I freeze. That wasn't Damon's voice. I stare up into a pair of blue eyes in the mirror. I open the door to the car but it slams shut before I could leave.

Before I could scream, his hand wraps around my mouth and his other was holding me in place. I struggle. I was terrified out of my mind. I need to get away from him. I couldn't use magic so I knew I was trapped.

I feel his lips brush my ear. "You wouldn't want to scream," he warns. His voice was dangerously quiet. I shiver and nod.

His grip on my mouth releases. I start to turn. "What do you mean?" I demand.

Before I knew it, I had a cloth pressed against my nose and I fell into the darkness. The last thing that I saw was cold blue eyes staring into my terrified ones.

-----

Someone was poking my cheek. I knew it was someone because they would curse right after. "Are you dead? Please tell me I didn't kill you. I need you alive for a bit," a voice demands, impatiently.

I stir. I blink several times before I adjust to the brightness. I try to move around but feel something restraining me. I stare down at the ropes that tied me to the chair. I groan and struggle to remove them.