15: NEVER

After I left the living room, I was semi glad that Kai had insisted that I do the spell tomorrow

After I left the living room, I was semi glad that Kai had insisted that I do the spell tomorrow. I needed to save up my energy because right now, my head did feel a bit heavier and my tired eyes blink several times in order to stay open.

I quickly shower, brush my teeth and hair, and put on something new. I leave my hair open due to the fact that I really can't care enough to do something with it. I'm wearing a dark green top - which is just a shade darker then my eyes - and cargo pants.

I head out of my room in a rush, knowing that Kai would be furious as to why it took me so long. I approach the stairs when I stop and look around.

Something felt off. The dull silence. That is it. There shouldn't be anything else.

"Kai?" I call out and glance around. My eyes wander around with alarm. "Are you downstairs?"

"Yes, princess. I await you so we shall depart," Kai calls. His voice is loud and annoyed. It came from downstairs.

I take a long look around once more before walking down the stairs. "I fear you read too much Shakespeare, servant," I say with a wide smirk on my face.

He stands right by the door with a bored look on his face. He forces a smile and rolls his eyes. He bows dramatically and opens the door. "Shall we?" he says impatiently.

I nod and walk out the door. Kai is right behind me with the keys in his hand. He likes to drive and talk. I don't mind sitting on the side and pretending to listen.

We scramble into the car and he gives me a look. "What's up?" Kai questions.

I shrug. "I don't know. I felt as if someone was upstairs with me."

He narrows his eyes and stares towards the boarding house. After a long moment, he shakes his head. "That's not possible."

I nod slowly. "Yeah. We're the only ones stuck here."

He nods and starts the car. When he starts driving, I lean back and sigh. I need to grab pain killers just in case and some other supplies. I feel sick right now and I know it's because I used my magic.

I'm still glad I used it. At least we have a spell we can use to communicate to them. I can see them. I'm sure they'll be able to see me as well if I just use the right amount of my strength and magic.

Kai's talking about how he's going to kill his entire Coven. It's normal at this point. "I think gutting most of them will be too typical," Kai says. He squints at the road ahead and tilts his head thoughtfully. "And boring. Really boring."

I sigh. I'm too tired for this. "Are you aware of the fact that I'm the only survivor from the Coven your father slaughtered?" I snap at him.

"Um, is that a trick question?"

I groan and look at the houses we pass by. That's right, I forgot. He doesn't care. "Just stop talking about killing people."

He turns and pouts at me quickly before his eyes avert back to the road.