1

edited:04-sep-2022

18 year old boy put the key in the key hole and twisted it which made a click sound indicating that the door of his dorm was open.He went inside and his eyes went up to the clock which was hung up in the living room.It shows 10:45 pm .He sighed and went in his room to put his phone on his study table and then went inside the bathroom to took a warm bath to remove his tiredness.

The boy turns the tap on to fill the water in the bathtub and went to the mirror which was in the bathroom.He gazed at his reflection in the mirror and saw his black locks almost covering his eyes and then his gaze went to his busted lips where a small amount of blood was still visible.

Apparently while the boy was on his part time job in a departmental store,a man came up to him and asked him about the product he was looking for.It could be clearly seen that the man was drunk as he was reeking of alcohol.So, for not having the product he wanted,the man slapped the black-haired boy which was now the result of his busted lips and swollen cheeks.But before the man can do something further other staffs and some customers stopped him.

The boy looked at the direction of the bathtub which was now almost filled.The boy removed his clothes and went inside the bathtub and closed his eyes.After resting there for few minutes,a single tear escaped from his eyes.

He was now use to this feeling but he always asks himself why it still hurts?

The boy was now full on sobbing,he tried to drown himself in the bathtub but don't know what string caused him to stop doing that.He slowly came out from the water and leaned his head and on the edge of the bathtub.After staring at the ceiling for few minutes he came out from the bathtub, grabbed a fluffy robe and wore it on his bulky body.

Changing into just joggers, the black-haired boy sighed and lay on his single bed provided by the dorm.

"Life is beautiful but the world is cruel"