Chapter 15

Ava pov

Kate and I slept in that house for about 2 weeks until we decided to move on because we can't stay there forever.

I wondered where Negan was, what he's doing and if he even notoced what the hell is going on with that world. Then I remembered that Luke was at Sam's house and I'm not sure if they noticed either. Maybe they did, maybe they died or maybe they are running around and searching for a sanctuary like Kate and me.

"Hey uhm Kate? Have you heard anything from Luke maybe? I haven't heard anything from him since Friday." I asked and she shook her head.

"No, we just wrote for about 5 minutes, but he told me he has to go because he sleeps at Sam's house for the weekend. We should find him." she answered.

"We don't even know where we are. The whole zombie shit got worse right now. We shouldn't stay out there forever." I said and she nodded in agree.

We packed our stuff and left the house. I set up some traps and checked every single one as we left the area. It caught some bunnies and we took them with us.

The whole day long we killed zombies and tried not to get bit. We left the firests and came to some roads. I recognized the roads and knew where we were. "Kate!" I yelled and she came running to me. "What?" she asked. "I know those roads. I know where we are." I said and she smiled. "That's great. How far is it from Luke?" she asked. "Uhm I don't know where Sam lives but to his town it's about 20 minutes more to walk." I replied and she started walking. "Then let's go."

We followed the roads and saw a town appearing. "There it is!" I yelled and we both started running towards the town where Sam lives.

"Okay now we should search him." Kate said. "Hey Kate. I know how hard it is for you not to know where Luke is,  it's hard for me too, but those walkers aren't our friends. It costs a lot of energy killing them all day long. I really want to know where Luke isy but we should find a sanctuary." I said and laid my hands on her shoulders.

She started crying and I hugged her. "It's just hard for me because Luke is like a brother to me. I just want to know if he's safe." she said and I nodded.

We started walking again and tried to be very quiet so we won't attract any walkers. "Walkers is actually a great name for them" Kate whispered asnwe hid behind a car and I smiled. "Yea I know right? I mean they are just walking so it's a good name" we both laughed.

We found a store and pharmacy and checked if there are any Walkers in there. We knocked on the doors and waited until they came. Then we got in and killed all of them. There were just 5 of them so it wasn't that hard.

"Check if there's a first aid kit. We urgently need one." I said and got to the back of the store. I looked through every shelf for something useable until I found a gun. "Woah Kate will you look at this." I said and she walked to me. "A gun? Here? Why is that?" she asked and I shrugged my shoulders. "I have no idea, but we can need it. It has full ammo." I said and threw it in my backpack.

"I found a first aid kit and other stuff we might need one day." Kate asked and showed me some of the items she found. "Bandages, band aid, some pocket knives and that's the best thing...a binocular!" Kate said and raised the binocular in the air. I laughed and said that it's great stuff that she found.

I also found some clothing, waterbottles, canned food and some pain killers. Our backpacks were half full as we left the store. "We found some greag stuff today. Now we need something save to sleep in." I said and Kate nodded.

"I can't fucking believe that this shit is happening. How is it possible that a fucking zombie apocalypse could come true? Something like that exists only in movies." Kate said. "Not anymore." I replied and we walked down the road, searching for an accomodation.

1 hour passed and we still haven't found anything that looked save enough for us to sleep in. We heard some loud growls behind us as we passed a big grey house. "Woah look at that. It's so huge." I said. "Yea it really is." Kate answered and we stood in front of the house.

Then we saw two walkers appearing from behind the house. We looked at each other because we exactly knew who it was. "LUKE?" Kate yelled and ran towards him but I stopped her. "KATE! Stop! He's dead..." I said and we both started crying. "I see that...is that Sam?" she asked and I nodded.

"Why Luke? WHY LUKE YOU ASSHOLES!" Kate yelled and I held her tighter. At first I lost my Mum then Luke and I don't even know where Negan is.

"We have to kill them. I don't want them to live like that and I'm sure they don't want it either." I said and Kate nodded. "I can't kill Luke." she said and I hugged her again. "Okay...you take Sam and I kill Luke..." I said with tears streaming down my face.

Kate nodded and we walked towards them. They were snapping for us and Luke nearly fell over the fence but before he could, I pushed my knife through his head. I looked over to Kate and saw that she killed Sam. She fell to the ground and I ran over to her.

"Kate are you okay? Were you bit?" I asked and she shook her head. "No. I'm...fine..." she stuttered and I helped her up.

We searched every house for stuff we might need. We found a lot of canned food which is always good. We took everything we could and went back in the forest. We saw a few Walkers away from us and they didn't notice us so we didn't kill them.

We found a small wooden house again and checked if it's free from Walkers and other people. It was, so we got in and rested.

We ate, killed some animals we found, ate them, slept and the whole thing for about 2 weeks. "Kate?" I asked. "Yea?" she replied. "Are you okay? You still seem to be very heartbroken." "Of course I am. Out best friend died. He was my brother. It hurts to know that I will never see him again." she said and started to cry again. I hugged her tight and cried too.

We decided to left the house and try to find maybe a Community we could stay. One day it was raining really bad and we ran away from a small herd of Walkers, which were too many to kill. We looked back and saw that they were gone so we stopped running and laid our hands on our knees, trying to catch our breath.

But then I saw an arrow flying over me, landing in a tree. I jumped and told Kate to run again. We heard cracking sticks on the ground and started to run faster.

______________________________________

I'm sorry, I know it's a short chapter, but I'm done with my final exams now so you can prepare for longer chapters. Who do you think was the person who shot the arrow ;)?
I still hope you liks the chapter, have fun reading guys.