Chapter 21

The next morning I woke up because of a loud knock on my door. "WAKE UP!" someone yelled and I slowly got out of the bed.

The person still knocked on my door and I got angry "YEAH I'M COMING HELL!" I yelled back and opened the door. A man with a moustache and licked back hair stood in front of me. Not gonna lie, he was handsome, but the moustache ruined it a bit. "What you want?" I asked him annoyed. "I'll take you on your tour because Dwight is prevented. Would you mind to dress up and be ready in 5 minutes? I don't have all day but Negan told me to show you around." he replied.

"Yeah, give me a few minutes." I said and closed the door. I grabbed the hoodie and pants I wore yesterday, put them on and walked in the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and put my hair in a ponytail "Dang I should cut them" I said to myself in relation to my hair. As I finished I walked back in my bedroom, grabbed a glass from the kitchen cabinet and filled it with water. I placed the glass in the sink and walked out to the man.

"Ready?" he asked and sighed. I nodded and he grabbed my upper arm. He started walking and I followed him. We walked around the Sanctuary and Simon showed me everything I needed to know.

"There's something you need to know. We all here are Negan. If he ever asks us who we are, we reply with 'Negan'. And if he's walking past us we get on our knees without hesitation. It's a sign of respect and he wants that, so we do it. Understand?" he told me. 'I definitely won't call myself Negan. And I won't get on my knees for anyone.' I thought to myself. I nodded but didn't really care what he said because I won't do it anyway.

As we stood in the garden we heard some heavy footsteps and a quiet whistling so everybody but me got on their knees and looked at the ground as Negan passed. He had Lucille laying on his shoulders and his leather jacket was open. Simon kneeled down next to me and I just stood there with crossed arms and watched as he walked past us. He stopped, then turned around with a spin and smirked.

"Well well well, what do we have here. Simon get up. Didn't you tell Mrs. Cohan here how things work?" he asked and looked at Simon. "I did, but obviously she didn't listen. I'm sorry-." he replied but was interrupted by Negan. "It's alright. You told her, her fucking fault if she made a dumb ass choice not listening to my rules here." he said, but stood so near to me that I could feel his breath. He tilted his head and stared at me.

I felt really uncomfortable with him being so close to me. "Do you ever give someone the personal space he needs or don't you care?" I asked. "Actually I don't care. Do I make you feel nervous?" he smiled. "Nope. I just feel uncomfortable." I lied. He made me feel uncomfortable but also weak on my knees. I just don't wanted him to be full of himself and make him even more prouder of himself than he already is.

"Yeah I'm sure doll" he winked. "Doll? Are you kidding me?" I tilted my head. "Yeah, you told me that you're not my darling and that I'm not allowed to call you that, so I will call you doll." he smiled at me. "Ugh fuck off." I whispered. "What did you just say? You have a filfthy mouth you know that?" he asked. I nodded because I didn't want to say anything after that.

"Do your work Simon, you will eat dinner with me tonight Ava. Watch out that she's there by 7pm." Negan spoke to Simon who nodded.

He swung Lucille around and yelled "Back to work!" as he left. Everyone stood up and worked again. Simon grabbed my upper arm and pulled me to the next part of the Sanctuary. I actually didn't care because I know I won't stay here for long, but I should know the Sanctuary good enough to know how and where I can escape without anyone noticing.

"It depends on which decision you make, but if you choose to work for points, this will be your workplace." Simon said and we walked through a metal door. A few women looked at us while they were doing laundry. There were a bunch of clothes that have to be washed and the ladies were dealing with that. "This? Okay?" I said and tried to sound at least a bit interested.