Chapter 26

It's been 3 weeks since the little "conversation" with Negan. I haven't seen him since then and I hope I won't in the next days or even better weeks...

Everything has been great since I live in Hilltop with Maggie and Sasha. Daryl told us what happened in Alexandria when Negan was there and I'm not sad that he killed Spencer. He was an asshole and that he tried to convince Negan to kill Rick is just stupid and he was a pussy.

I'm still not sure about my feelings for Negan, but he doesn't make it hard to hate him. But the problem is that he's a charming humorous person. He's irresistable and I am damn sure he knows that. I just hope I won't see him anytime soon because I still need my time.

- One week time jump -

Jesus asked me to help with work in Hilltop and of course I agreed. He let me live here for free...that's the least thing I can do after that time.

He told me to wake up pretty early in the morning, so he could take me to different work places and then I can decide what I want to do. As I woke up, I sneaked out of bed, dressed up in a white and black hoodie, black pants and my boots and ate something really fast and quiet so I won't wake anyone else I'm living with.

As I walked out of the trailer Jesus walked in my direction and I waved to him. He smiled and waved back. "Good morning." I smiled. "Good morning to you too" he looked at me up and down to check what I was wearing. "You ready for your first work day?" he asked.

"Of course. Actually I can't wait. I always felt so bad for living here, but I did nothing to deserve it. Now I got to do something and I am honestly relieved." I chuckled. "Well then, you can be happy because we actually have great jobs here. I'm not sure if they are fun for you, but the people you'll work with are really nice. I know all of them and I know where every one of them works so I can tell you that it will be great either way." he smiled and laid a hand around my shoulders.

We walked around Hilltop and he showed me a few different working places. "And here's our garden, it's pretty close to the fence, but don't worry, it's safe and nothing will happen here." he said and I noticed that there was a chain-link fence instead of the tree trunks and I got confused. "Why is there that chain-link fence, but the rest of Hilltop is surrounded by those tree trunks?" I asked him and we looked around to see if there was another pleace where that chain link fence was instead of tree trunks. "Oh yea...that happened once during a bad storm. A tree fell and destroyed the other fence. I don't know how it could happen that that tree destroyed our really strong fence...but it happened. It's not the only place where we just have a chain-link fence. We put barbed wire on top of it so no one could climb in from the outside." Jesus explained to me and I listened to him. "Oh shit. As long as it's a great defense it's okay right?" I asked him. "Yes. It's doing what it's supposed to do so we are happy" he chuckled.

"Before I decide, I have another question" I asked and he nodded. "Sure. Shoot" "What about runs? Do you have a group that goes on supply runs? Because that's something I am really good at to be honest. I never was the person to cook or plant anything. I know it sounds weird, but when I was still living in Alexandria, my friend Kate and I often went on supply runs with a small group to earn trust and show what we can do. We did great work and I had a lot of fun actually." I told him. "Yeah I understand. I will talk to our group. Sasha is in that group too so I am sure she says something to convince the others if thats's really what you want to do." he smiled and I nodded excited.

"Alright then...I'll talk to her and then tell you. Today is Tuesday. We always go on supply runs on tuesday, friday and sunday, so if you're lucky you can go with them today." "That would be so awesome. Thank you!" I said and hugged him. "Nothing to thank me." he smiled and left me to talk to the group.