Chapter 27

"Why are you looking at me like that darling?" Negan asked. "Nothing. Am I not allowed to just look at you?" I tilted my head. He smirked and hugged me. I wrapped my arms around him too and sighed heavily. "We should go now. My people are probably already wondering where I am." I said and let go of him. "We should probably do that. But it's already late and the sun will go down in about 1 hour. I can take you with me and bring you home tomorrow." Negan offered and I was about to deny it when someone shouted through his radio.

"NEGAN! WE GOT ATTACKED! I GOT SHOT AND DWIGHT TOO. SOME OF OUR PEOPLE ARE DEAD! THEY WERE THE ALEXANDRIANS." It was Simon's voice and I saw Negan's fear in his eyes. "What the shit?" he looked at me and I just shrugged my shoulders. I started to panic. I have a guess that it were Daryl and some other of my people. They probably found Negan's trucks and attacked them. "Where are you right now?" Negan spoke in his radio. "Hiding in one of our trucks. They are gone now. They disappeared." Simon replied. "Where did they go? In what direction? Fuck." "I don't know, I got shot and hid with Dwight."

"Was that shit your idea?" Negan asked me and I furrowed my eyebows. Then I started to laugh. "Wow Negan. Wow. Fuck yourself. You really think I would do that to you? That shit hurts me. As I thought we could build some kind of relationship you had to ruin it. Thanks." I said and turned around to walk away. "Ava wait. I don't think it was your idea. I just asked to see your reaction. You told me straight to fuck myself. Others would probably start to panic or something. So I don't think you knew anything from what happened there." Negan said and grabbed my wrist to turn me around.

"How many people are dead Simon?" he asked. "Uhhh, we got here with 10, I think 6 with me and Dwighty are still alive, but I don't know where the fuck the rest is." Simon said. "How many of these fuckers were there?" "Too many. I didn't see how many they were, but I noticed that some of them were people from Hilltop too. But I guess about 15? SHIT DWIGHT DON'T TOUCH ME THERE IT HURTS!" Simon yelled.

Negan looked at me and I grabbed his radio. "Was Rick there too?" I asked. "Boss, who's that? Is it your girl?" Simon asked and Negan chuckled. I looked at him with a serious face and he just shrugged his shoulders with a smile on his face. "Yes, it is Ava, but I am not Negan's girl. Tell me, was Rick there too? Describe the people you saw." I demanded and I just heard Simon sighing.

"Yes Rick was there, this crossbow dude, a few girls, someone with long light brown hair and a beard and the one who shot me was a black girl with a damn shotgun." Simon described and I knew that Sasha told the others about Negan. "Thanks..." I sighed and gave Negan his radio back. "They killed my people. Again. They so gonna regret what they did." he said. "Thanks Simon, be careful, I try to return soon." he said and put his radio behind his back.

My world started spinning and I dropped to the ground like a sack of potatoes. Negan kneeled down next to me and talked to me but I didn't hear what he said. I blacked out.

I don't know how long I passed out, but I woke up as someone splashed water in my face. As I opened my eyes my view was blurred, but I noticed Daryl's crossbow from further away as I sat up slowly.

"What the fuck?" I mumbled as I looked around and saw some people kneeling next to me. Negan was right next to me and as I looked up I saw Rick, Daryl, Jesus, Sasha, Jay, Marcus and some other people from Hilltop and Alexandria standing in front of us.

"Well well well, you're awake." Rick said to me and kneeled down in front of me. "What is going on here?" I asked him as I looked around.

"Oh we just heard that Sasha and her supply run group saw Negan in the forest with Bryce. After they attacked him, Sasha told me where he was and where you were, so we came here." Rick explained.

"But why are they kneeling?" I asked him as I looked over to Negan and obviously some of his men. Negan looked at me and his face was bloody and he held his injured thigh.