23. Trouble

Unbeknownst to Kiara and Herold their actions were being viewed.
Harrison couldn't fathom the rage, jealousy and pain he was experiencing.  He wished Kiara could show him just an ounce of affection as she was showing to his beloved benevolent brother.
He had greatly missed Kiara. He has not anticipated to miss her as much as he did. She was just a toy for him to do with as he pleased and used as he pleased. He had not expected to feel a certain way about her.
Herold couldn't wait any much longer
If he could make time accelerate,he would .

His heart or whatever was left of it beaned with joy as he saw the carriage make its way to the palatial garden. That is where it was to drop off its precious cargo.

He couldn't detect what was going on from where he was awaiting so he decided to head towards the carriage to give Kiara a personal welcome.

He knew that Kiara wouldn't have been happy to see him but he couldn't care less.
He needed to see her know. He'd gone too long without seeing her. These two days felt like an eternity. He'd expected her to be alone as his brother had informed him that he'd make a plan to ensure that Kiara was safely brought back to the castle as he had pending issues to sort out .

As he'd began making his way to the carriage,he heard murmuring and when he'd made it the door of the carriage ready to escort Kiara out,it became evidently and abundantly clear that Kiara was not alone.
It became very clear who she was with and he was not liking this at all. He had not planned on hurting her but he this urge was becoming a while lot more difficult to resist as the conversation kept perpetuating.

Harrison saw this as Kiara's way of being polite to his brother for taking her on this voyage. One he had been reluctant to let her go on, and he was right .

Kiara belonged to him and only him. This was the exact one thing he had tried to avoid by refusing to let her go on this excursion.

However, he's not yet the king so his father's word still overrules him.

Harrison was appalled by what his eyes were seeing.

"Herold,over this time I've gotten to know you and taken a liking towards you."
"You treated me with such respect and humanity that's synonymous with that of my parents,and for that I greatly appreciate."

"I'm sorry about what occured last night,I was trying to show you how thankful I was but I realized I was just not ready and perhaps went about it the wrong way."

"All I want to say is,I greatly appreciate you."
"I still don't know if I should trust you but I'm grateful for all that you've done for me."
"Thank you for the trip,I needed this reprise as undeserved as it was."

"I don't want things to be awkward around us."
"If I never see you again,I just want you to know how much you meant to me."

Kiara leaned in and gingerly placed a ghost kiss on Herold's lips. Herold didn't want to take advantage of her but it just felt right in the moment.

An applause stopped Kiara and Herold dead in their tracks.

"Well well well,to what do we have here?"

Herold broke the kiss off with such fervent force that Kiara's air was knocked out of her as she'd hit the seat.

Herold had not meant to use such force but he was just reacting out of instinct. This also made Kiara look bad ,as if she was coming on to him. Which wasn't necessarily true,as they had a unanimous and consenting agreement that they would never hurt each other.

They'd never said it in words but they knew how much they meant to each other.

Herold was attempting to help Kiara back up but he she was snatched away from him before he had the chance to.

Her shrill screams turned him into raging heart as he saw his brother manhadling her as he violently dragged her out and threw her to the floor.

There was no weening as Herold punched Harrison in the jaw,just as he hurled himself out of the carriage with superhuman speed.

"Hmm brother,I see you've grown a pair of bigger balls ,"chuckled Harrison darkly as he wiped the cut his brother had adorned his face with.

Seeing as Herold was out the carriage he went to Kiara's aid to be of some assistance to her but was stopped as he felt a pain in his groin.

He knew that that ,has not come from Kiara.

"I hate to end your little charade,but the party's now over."

"Go and sort out whatever pending issues you have and try not to return."

Harrison evilly smirked as he draged Kiara away by her locks while she writhed and screamed in pain.

Herold was powerlessness as the only thing he could do was spew profanities which weren't doing much the Harrison's ego.

"You're evil brother,how could you do this to women?"
"You're just like father!"
"You never respect women,you treat them as if you ..."

A punch sent to Herold knocked him out cold as he was tightly held back by the goons that now randomly seemed to accompany Harrison wherever he went.

Things seemed eerie at the castle,it was quite apparent that things had changed.

But what exactly?

Why was it only Harrison that had been present to welcome Kiara and Herold back.

Yes,he was the most obsessed with Kiara but it was like the king and the other son weren't.

Also,it all seemed a bit odd that the king had not been around to welcome the son had spent much time away from.

Yes,things might not have been pleasant between the two but now was the time to fix any wrongdoings that might've occured.

But things just weren't the same...

Why?