21. Accidental Joy Continued

Revised

Herold felt something wet and slobbery on neck and was unsure of what it was. All he knew is that it felt good . He'd opened his eyes to see Kiara on top of him.

"Kiara."

'Is this a dream,' Herold gingerly thought to himself.

It all became evidently clear that this was happening in real time,real life.

It definitely wasn't a dream.
Kiara was lo and behold straddling Herold while kissing him on his neck and and rubbing her hands on his chest.
Herold couldn't contain his excitement and could feel his companion getting excited too. He could feel it was rising in his trousers and was grateful he wore loose fitting clothing to sleep . This also worked against him as he felt Kiara stiffen as his semi-etect penis had touched Kiara's backside.

As Herold was coming out of his sleep he was now fully aware and conscious that Kiara was yet again in the nude.

Herold didn't really care about astronomy but for today he was grateful that this night was a full  moon and provided much of the natural lighting. The candles and lanterns had some sort of unnatural and eerie yet soothing glow. He'd much preferred the natural lighting.

He hadn't realized that his hands were making their way up Kiara's backside.
He immediately felt terrible as he'd felt something wet stain his shirt and had realized that Kiara was beginning to cry as he'd heard her soft whimpering.

♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣

Kiara thought that she could do this and be brave through her actions . She knew that they tonight was the final night of their stay here and wanted to make it memorable. Make it mean something. Make it count. She wanted something special to occur before she made it back to the castle. She knew those savage and rabid beasts would decimate her when they'd arrived back at the castle.

Herold had been so gentle as had never tried to disrespect her or made her feel threatened or scared. Even when she'd retaliated out fear,he'd still not hurt her.

Kiara had stated losing faith in men and thought thought them all to be in the same likeness as the 2 evil princes and their father. Yes, there were some kindhearted guards in the castle but they were of no assistance to her. They were much too indoctrinated and feared the authority of the kingdom too much to do anything against it. Majority of the men were in favour of the king and his sons despicible and unscrupulous behavior. They had much to gain from this. The women came in plenty. The food scrumptious and filling. The courters cosy and warm. As long as they fulfilled their end of the bargain . Which many of them did. They had a service to offer to the castle and they did relentlessly and willingly. They were the benefactors of luxurious and impeccable treatment. They were treated as if they were amongst the royals themselves. Yes,some forgot their places and overstepped,but they were quickly disposed of.

So Kiara knew she was truly alone.
She couldn't stomach returning to that wretched place.
She knew there was no one she could fool. Even if she had to successfully try to run away.
To where would she go?
To whom would she go?
Who would be of assistance to her?

She  utterly and sincerely wished there was more Herold could do to help her.
Get her out of her current predicament.

She felt she was being greedy but desperation causes people to do things that they don't want to.

But she just couldn't go through with her plan. Although Herold's actions towards her weren't violent she was not yet string enough to handle a man's hands on her. She could not trust what they'd do. Would they hit her? Punch her ? Slam her against a wall. She couldn't take those chances. She was much to scared for that.

She felt shameful for leading and seducing him. Her intentions were valid and pure,yet she just couldn't pull through with her plan.

♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣

Herold had not meant to scare Kiara away ,he was just startled himself. He let himself go forgetting that Kiara was not in her right state of mind and it was untoward to take advantage of her.

Herold knew that he needed to let her go and do what she needed to do to feel better.

Her sobs tore his heart to shreds and he knew that he was betraying himself.

He grabbed the throw-over and found a now dressed Kiara kneeling on her knees. Crying her poor heart out. He gingerly laid the blanket upon her after observing her actions. He then conferred with himself that it was okay to cuddle and coo her to sleep. She just kept on profusely apologizing ; murmuring "I'm sorry" to whoever or whatever was present. At the moment she didn't really care,that the person providing her comfort was the very exact person she'd embarrassed herself in front of a few mere minutes ago.

♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣

Herold had eventually managed to calm Kiara down after her hysteria . She'd fallen back asleep and Herold decided he'd lay on the floor as not to disturb her. She needed the comfort a lot more than he did. He was still adjusting to what happened.

The sexual attraction he felt towards her ,the sudden anticlimax he'd experienced from getting down from his high to having to comfort and soothe Kiara's.

He had to admit he was very inexperienced in such circumstances . He had just went along with his instinct when Kiara started making advances towards him. He was in a vulnerable state and could form cohesive and coherent thoughts. When he'd finally realized what was going on ,his mind was telling him no while his body was telling him yes.

He did not blame Kiara at all and felt distressed that  she was blaming herself for her ignorance.

'What could've possessed her to behave in such a way,'he thought.

Herold was sincerely baffled.

'What a day it was,'he exhaustedly thought.

Indeed.