16. Cumbersome

Revised

Herold could not ignore that disturbing sound. He just had to go into those chambers to figure out what the problem was. When his sights informed him of his suspicions,he couldn't have a felt tougher tug in his heart. He saw this beautiful,battered and broken angelic being lying on the hard,marble floor. Tear - stained  face,wild ,unkept hair and torn cloths of material that were barely covering her.

His instinct led him to her right away and he immediately covered her with a bedsheet.

He did not expect to hear the following.

"Please,please...I'll do whatever it is you want me to do,I'll be your good little whore... please don't hurt me... I..."

"Hey,I'm not here to hurt okay.",Herold cooed as he tried to be as gentle as he could be with her.

He did not know what atrocities his despicable 'family' had committed. However, word had gone around and caught his ears. He did not want to believe some of the things his family had done but when he'd arrived to his Homeland and got a first hand experience of what the rumours truths. He was appalled.

What his twisted brothers had done to this poor girl was just a more vivid portrayal depiction of the horrors that were occuring in this dreadful area.

He didn't have any clue as to what his brothers could've done to harm such a beautiful girl and turn her into a shell of person . There was the pain that she tried to hide her pain behind her veil in the wedding. The pain tears in her eyes. He didn't know the exact specifics they were treating this angel in such mannerisms.

He know he had to do something and would do it.

He did not have much time to assess the situation further as his brothers ushered him out of their chambers very rudely.  He hated leaving the poor girl with them ,but he knew his presence would further enrage his brothers, thus, Kiara would be the one they'd relieve all the burdens on. He did not want to be the reason she experienced more pain which was quite ironic as he was the prime cause for her pain . As much as he was unbeknownst to that fact,the damage had already been done.

♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣

Kiara was so scared.

The look of pure ,raw anger existing in Harry and Harrison's orbs would make even the strongest of men fall weak to their knees.

Unfortunately,she was not any strong man,more a meek form of prey for these two wretched monsters to inflict pain on.

She didn't know why they were keeping her alive. Death was a much better option this this.

Kiara had to timidly defend herself while cowering in the corner of the room.

"Please my king..."

A strong forceful kick to the midriff ,that would make any living man lose his breath, sent Kiara into submission.

"I am your master and that is how you'll address me!"

Harrison's fury had no bounds. Harry was just waiting for the fun time,but he was doubtful it would come,if this is the state Kiara was in now.

"Of course master,I am deeply and sincerely apologetic for my actions."

"I did not mean any of what I said or did."

"Please forgive me."

Kiara thought of how pathetic she looked,bowed down at their feet and begging to prove her innocence. She did not understand how she was seen as the faulty one and at first tried to speak up for herself that she would done nothing wrong. But that was proving abortive and she decided to give in and prove herself innocent by admitting that she was guilty.

This was preposterous.

"Okay brother, enough now," Harry said to his brother as he tried to diffuse the situation.

"No I cannot leave her be."

"She deserves to be punished for her letting herself whore round and disrespect me,her king."

Kiara could not believe her ears and what she was hearing.

How could she honestly be the one to blame?

Any rational person could see that she's in dire need of help and if anyone was at fault here,it was not her.

♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

"You are truly one despicible and vile man father!"

"You and your two wretched sons."

"Don't try and act indifferent son."

"You could have easily become like anyone of us," King James said with a sly smirk.

"Just be grateful you didn't turn out like us."

"Look son,this is an intregral part of our lineage."

"This is how I was taught to act and behave."

"That you take what you want,even if it's by force. That everything is mine and belongs to me. That in order to treat and discipline a woman,to show you that you love her,you need to put her into her place."

There was a long pause as Herold was trying to normalize and comprehend what his father was telling him.

Yes,he was truly grateful for not having turned out like his dad or bothers.

But he also couldn't help but to feel sorry for them. He knew how they ended up like this. He just hoped things had happened differently. He was sheltered away from all this turmoil,thus he was not exposed to it.

"Look father,I understand you say this is all you've ever known and it's a part of our culture or tradition."

"But father,you cannot use culture to justify violence."

"Your people are suffering dad."

"Albeit you weren't as half as terrible as grandfather,but you don't need to do this and be like this."

"You're still in authority and still have the chance to ensure the betterments of people."

The king seemed to listen to his son and took his words into consideration,yet his ego was far too big to come into agreement with the suggestions his son had.

"No son,this has absolutely nothing to do with me."

"I am not about to interfere in your brothers affairs and you shouldn't either."

"Stay away from that girl,if you have no interest in sharing her with your brothers."

"She cannot be yours or either of yours."

"I will not have this kingdom crumble to the ground just because of some obsession over some feeble inconsequent peasant."

"Well father,you would realize your kingdom is burning right in front of yours and you're the direct and prime cause," Herold confirmed with authority as he waltzed out of the banquet hall.

He would do anything it took.