35

"Whoa!" Shisui laughed and rubbed his fist against Makis head, his arm curling around her neck as she let out soft and pained laughs.

As soon as she got out of the nearly destroyed forest, apologized to the forest even if it wouldn't understand her. She was greeted by her brothers proud grin and fist, hence the position she was in right now.

"Shisui, thank you, but you're messing up my hair." He let out one last laugh before releasing her, allowing the others to pounce on her despite her few wounds from the fight.

"Hah! I'm way stronger than you, ttebayo!"

"Shut up, Dobe, theres no way."

"Yeah, Naruto. Maki's on a different level!"

"Huh? No way!"

"Erm," Tsunade cleared her throat, catching the attention of Maki but not the three arguing. Maki started to sweat as she noticed the growing anger in the hokages eyes, yet still only she realized. She accepted her fate when Tsunade punched them all, and they all fell on top of her, only adding to the pain from her wounds.

"Get off, 'ya brats." Shisui threw them off of her and picked her up, ignoring their glares.

Tsunade offered to heal Makis wounds, but Maki of course refused, explaining the process of her training and only receiving a weird look from the 5th hokage.

"Well, Maki. I can proudly promote you to chunin."

"Huh?!" Naruto gasped."WHAT ABOUT ME?!"

"SHUT UP!" She punched his head. "I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING!"

"Uhm..." Maki rose up her hands in an attempt to calm the raging Senju. "I-I don't mind being a genin--"

" Are you refusing?" Tsunades glare turned to Maki, and the young girl almost crippled under the steely gaze.

"N-No, I'm simply... Not accepting?" 

Her stupidity earned her a nice red bump on her head.

◦•●◉✿✿◉●•◦

After a night of greeting everyone else, and a few boys remembering the warm memories they had with Maki. The next day, Tenzo woke her up... Or he at least, tried to.

"Maki!" He yelled for the fifteenth time. With a sigh, Tenzo finally gives up and brings out a bucket of water, dumping it on her and inducing a loud gasp as Maki fell out of her bed.

"I told you to wake up, like thirty times now!"

"Actually, it was fifteen."

"But why would you dump water on me?" The whine in her voice was barely visible, yet it wasn't the fact that she was now soaking wet that angered her. "You wasted so much water, Tenzo!"