Thank you

Jack's POV
I wake up still feeling so tired and well...I can't actually complain since I woke up like four times during the night and had difficulties on falling back to sleep, since I have no idea about what time it is I reach out my hand towards the nightstand in attempt to grab my phone that is placed right on it, as I try to grab my phone I move it closer to the edge of the nightstand so that is a little easier for me to grab it...Damn it! The phone falls on the floor, I really hope that the noise of the phone that hit the floor didn't wake Gibbs up, I immediately look at him to see if he is awake but, luckily, he's still sleeping, I unconsciously start staring at him and yeah, yeah I know that this is weird...I mean I wouldn't be happy if someone randomly starts staring at me while I'm sleeping but he's just so cute when he sleeps and I just can't stop staring at him, like seriously I could do this for hours. He has a slight smile on his face and I really wonder what he might be dreaming...yeah ok, that sounds creepy, I'll stop, he just looks so peaceful and relaxed and I like that he's resting his head on my shoulder, I like this a lot and for a moment I don't care that I'm tired or what hour it is, I just enjoy this moment before it ends.
After a couple of minutes I feel the need to throw up, great this day couldn't have started in a better way...ugh...this is so annoying...anyway I slowly move Gibbs' head away from my shoulder and gently place it on my pillow, then I quickly  stand up and go to the bathroom. Luckily this time I manage to reach the bathroom in time so that I don't start throwing up in the hallway like last time, I don't want to make another mess like that, I kneel down in front of the toilet and start to throw up, some seconds later Lucy comes in the bathroom and looks at me, then she leaves and well...I can totally understand her, this isn't a pleasant thing to see in the morning, but after a little she comes back with Gibbs next to her, aww it's adorable that she thought that I needed help, or at least someone with me and called him, but honestly I didn't want him to see me throwing up again, he has seen that enough, he kneels next to me and rubs his hand on my back. When I finish to throw up he gently cleans my mouth with a washcloth, how can he be so sweet, like I know that it's nothing for a normal person, but to me also the smallest things count, I don't want to take anything for granted after all I did to him he could've reacted in a bad way, but luckily he didn't and everything he does now, all the help he gives to me, even the smallest things will be appreciated also the smallest things that he thinks that I don't notice, nothing will be taken for granted...wait a minute...isn't that one of his rules? Yeah...rule 8 never take anything for granted, I'm getting so good at memorizing them and it's a little easier for me since Tim gave me a cheat of paper with all Gibbs' rules...anyway after that he stands up and goes to put the washcloth away, I think, well anyway he leaves but I really hope that he'll be back soon, after a minute or two he comes back he comes back in the bathroom, kneels down next to me and hugs me a little tight "How are you feeling?" he asks me in a soft tone of voice then he kisses me on the cheek a few times and I start immediately to feel better, he's so sweet and kind with me and I couldn't ask for more right now "Better now" I reply, just having him next to me, feeling his embrace and having him close makes me feel better, he's taking such a good care of me even after what I did and I'm sure that if our baby will have only half of the love and care he gives me, he'll be an amazing father.
After a little while I go in the bedroom while Gibbs goes downstairs, I pick up my phone from the floor so that I can finally know what time it is, I turn it on and look at the time on the screen 9:30 a.m...wait what? Gibbs should be at work what is he still doing here? I walk to the stairs with my phone in my hand and while I'm walking down the stairs I almost fall down, luckily I don't, I don't want anything to happen to our baby now, and apparently today isn't my day, I wonder what else will happen after this.
I go in the kitchen and Gibbs is preparing breakfast so I walk up to him and kiss him on the cheek "Hon...? It's 9:35 a.m...why aren't you at work? Don't get me wrong I like having you at home but I was wondering why you were still here..." I ask, he turns around, looks at me and that slight smile he had on his face seconds ago disappears "Long story" he replies and keeps cooking, I look around and then go to sit at the table, long story? What does he mean by that? Lucy comes in the dining room and lays down next to my chair, I look at her and after about ten minutes Gibbs comes in the dining room too, he places a plate in front of me and then he sits on the chair opposite to mine "I've been suspended" he says...wait, what?! Did I hear that right? Is he serious? "Why? What happened?" I ask and look at him and he doesn't seem bothered about it, how can't he be so ok with it? I mean being suspended isn't a good thing and he seems completely ok with it "I almost killed a person during a case, but honestly I don't regret what I did, he was used to drown dogs in the living lake next to his camper van, but he deserved way worst than that since he killed so many innocent creatures" he says and looks at Lucy first and then at me, that's probably the reason why he has Lucy now but I honestly think that he misses work a lot. I decide to put for a little apart this and concentrate on how he felt after that I left him like that I stand up and walk up to him, he looks at me, he's probably wondering what will happen now, I gently grab his hand and make him stand up then I walk to the couch while I'm still holding his hand and make him sit down, I sit on his laps and he keeps looking at me.
"Hon, how did you feel after that I left?..." I ask in a soft tone of voice and caress his cheeck, he doesn’t answer and looks around trying to avoid my look, I knew that it wouldn't have been easy to make him talk but I won't give up "Honey please, tell me how you felt and be honest..." I say still trying to convince him to talk, I know very well that what he'll say might make me feel guilty although I already feel like that anyway he needs to talk about that to someone and I bet anything that he didn't talk to anyone about how he felt, after all he's Gibbs.
After some minutes he looks at me and yes, yes! He finally starts talking about how he felt "I...I missed you so much, seriously you can't even imagine, I kept thinking about you every single day. I kept hoping that one day you would've knocked at the door, I just wanted to see you again...hear your voice...see you smiling at me.
I felt like if a piece of me was missing and I couldn't fill the void that it left in me...I swear that I didn't stop thinking about you not even for a second and I kept wondering how were you doing. And...and..." he suddenly stops talking, watery eyes, Gibbs with watery eyes and tears sliding down his face, between yesterday night and this morning I've seen him like this two times...wow...I mean it's not good but the fact that he's opening up to me in this way it's...it's surprising, I caress his cheek "When I saw you in front of me last night I couldn't believe my eyes, it seemed like a dream becoming true after weeks of waiting to see you again or to just here your voice, it seemed impossible that you were actually standing in front of me...but it was true and believe me when I saw you I was so happy...I waited for that moment and it finally happened.
I thought about that last kiss a lot and hoped that it wouldn't have been our last..." I don't let him end the phrase and I kiss him, the kiss lasts for a few minutes and after it he smiles, his smile the most precious smile I've ever seen.
As he keeps looking at me I lose myself in his icy blue eyes "You also showed up with a big surprise" he says while he keeps smiling and puts his hand on my belly, under my shirt, I smile slightly at him "I hope that the baby will have your eyes and your smile" I say and look at him "Why?" he asks "Because you have the most beautiful clear eyes in the world and your smile is just so precious and lights up the room" I answer and kiss him on the cheek "Your smile is better" he replies while he keeps smiling, I love to see him like this, it really makes my day better "No" I say "Yes" he says and kisses me, I roll my eyes, this isn't fair, he kissed me so that I can't say that his smile is way better than mine but well...this is cute "Anyway just hope that our baby doesn't become like me" he says "Right, one is more than enough and I don't need also a little version of you" I say and chuckle slightly "But it wouldn't be that bad and I also think that little Gibbs in there is of my same opinion" he says and caresses my cheek "No, no, little Gibbs isn't of your same opinion" I say and I have to admit that this is actually funny "Maybe" he says "There’s no maybe" I say and smile slightly.

Gibbs' POV
I'm in the basement, Jack went in the bedroom to sleep a little since she didn't sleep much during the night, I look at Lucy "Oh, Luc also thank you for bringing me to Jack this morning" I say and after that she leaves the basement, excuse me what? I just thanked her and she leaves like this, ehm...ok. I keep working at the boat and after a while Luc comes back in the basement and starts barking, I walk to her and pet her "What's wrong Luc?" I ask...am I really expecting to receive an answer from a dog? Anyway she keeps barking and I really don't understand what she wants so I just ignore her and keep working at the boat, I almost finished it and when I'll take it out of here I'll probably go with Jack at the lake and well...if she wants we can go together on the boat. Lucy grabs my hand with her mouth and brings me to the stairs "Something is wrong with Jack uh?" I ask and she barks so I go in the bedroom, Jack is under the blanket and she's sobbing, I walk to the bed and take the blanket off of her, she looks at me "Hey...what's wrong?" I ask in a soft tone of voice and lay next to her "I...I don't know" she replies "Ehm...you’re crying and you don't know why? Seriously?" I ask, that's weird "Gibbs I don't know, I have no idea of why I'm crying, really" she says while sobbing "You're crying, you should know why" I say "I don't know, I don't know Gibbs, I don't know why I'm crying and all this doesn't make sense" she says and I hug her and kiss her on the cheek a few times, maybe this can help her "Thank you..." she says and smiles slightly, I keep hugging her and after a little she calms down "Ehm...I think that it was just a mood swing..." she says and looks at me, I keep hugging her and then I kiss her on the forehead "Next time ehm...come to me and also if in the morning I'm sleeping and you feel the need of throwing up, wake me up" I say, she looks at me "Ok, thank you hon for taking such a good care of me" she says and kisses me.