Ridiculous fight

Jack's POV

I'm alone with the baby since Jethro left us to go bring Lucy one of Jaden's onesies so that she can get used to his smell. To be honest this is one of the moments in which I wish that Jethro knew how to use a new phone because I would really want to see what Lucy will do but it's ok, I won't be able to see it but Jethro will tell me so it's ok also in this way. Jethro also took a picture of Jaden with his phone and then he seemed so proud while watching the picture.

I look at Jaden who is still latched to my breast and I guess that he's enjoying his meal and yeah, I feel some pain but as much as it can be painful sometimes, looking at him works a little as a pain killer, he had become my priority and the truth is that I'm kinda erasing myself for him but I'm fine with it even though it can sound weird.
I keep looking at my little cowboy who moves a little his tiny hand while he keeps enjoying his meal then I start feeling tears streaming down my cheeks when all this reminds me of when I held Faith for the first time, I never got to raise her and I feel so bad about it but at the same time I'm aware that I gave her up so that she could've had a better life that at that time I couldn't give her. Now I'm scared to fail as a mother with Jaden, I'm scared of making errors and at the same time I'm also scared to fail as a girlfriend with Jethro...then Jaden takes my finger with his little hand and looks at me with those tender eyes and all I can think about is him, he's so cute and little "Hey little cowboy mommy waited to meet you for nine months" I say in a soft tone of voice as I keep looking at him and smile slightly, for us he'll always be baby Gibbs and for me he'll always be my little cowboy and it's kinda weird to call him with his name but I'll get used to it.

After a few minutes, since Jaden fell asleep, I take my phone and from the lock screen I see that I received like fifty messages from Ellie that she sent me last night and I start looking at the previews of the messages and after reading one of them I chuckle softly "Did baby Gibbs have a staring contest with Gibbs when he first saw him??" the other messages were just her begging me for a picture of the baby so I slowly stand up and go to the crib that is near my bed in our room, now he's sleeping and he's so cute and I end up spending some minutes staring at him.
After taking the picture I send it to Ellie who immediately sees it and calls me, she doesn't even give me the time to say hi "Jack he's so cuteeeeee" she says and she seems really happy "And oh my god that ash blond tuft of hair, that's so cute too" she adds "Ellie aren't you working?" I ask curious since she immediately saw the picture like if she spent all the time staring at the phone "Yeah I'm working well...I was but you know this is way more important than work and I've been waiting for that picture since last night and every now and then I checked my phone and when before I saw the notification of the message I was so excited and I can't wait to meet him tomorrow! I know that he can't wait to meet me too!" she exclaims "Also you have to tell me his name" she adds "Yeah I know but you'll have to wait for that anyway who else comes tomorrow?" I ask since I just know about Ellie for tomorrow and Gibbs told me that probably Emily and Fornell will come too but that's a big maybe because they are busy and it's more possible that they'll come to meet Jaden when we'll finally be at home then for sure Ducky will come don't know at what hour but he'll come "Me, McGee, Nick, Kasie, Jimmy and me in the evening and Tony, Ziva and Tali in the morning" she answers "You two times?" I ask and chuckle softly "Yes because I'm the important one here that has the priority" she answers and I chuckle again "Yeah right. Tomorrow baby Gibbs will have so many visits" I say and look at the crib "What is he doing know?" she asks "He's sleeping" I answer and keep looking at the crib "Good. Now I should go back to the others so bye Jack can't wait to see you and baby Gibbs tomorrow" she says and I smile slightly after ending the call.

At almost lunch time Jethro finally comes in the room holding a bag "So what did Lucy do?" I ask "She tried to eat the onesie then she smelled it and then she tried to eat it again" he says while putting the bag on the table near the wall then he comes to me "Love, are you ok?" he asks "Yeah" I answer as I smile at him "You sure? It seems that you cried" he says and caresses my cheek "Everything is ok now" I reassure him also if it doesn't seem that he believes me "If you say so...anyway I brought you something to eat and I took also tomorrow off so I'm all yours during these days" he says and kisses me on the cheek then he goes to the bag and starts taking out of it some things and I understand that he'll make a sandwich and he reminds me about something..."Now how will I cook for the Christmas dinner?" I ask anxiously, yesterday Jaden was born and it was 8th December today is 9th December "I'll cook Jack, don't worry" he says "Oh no, you stay away from the kitchen, besides steaks you won't cook anything" I say and keep looking at him "I proved you many times that I'm actually good at cooking everything" he says in an annoyed tone of voice "One time you almost burnt down the kitchen, cowboy" I say and roll my eyes "Technically that's your fault since you were in need of cuddles and didn't let me go" he says "But still it's your fault and I can make a list with all the times that your cooking went bad" I say and look at him "It just happened one time c'mon" he says and turns around facing me "You forgot the cookies in the oven and they charred, you made a mess while trying to prepare a cake and I had to clean up because you made an even bigger mess while you were trying to clean up another time you..." I start saying but he stops me "Oh c'mon Jack those were little things" he says and comes to me "Little? You are an idiot" I say in a kinda angry tone of voice "Yes Jack, the important is that I didn't burn down the kitchen" he says then Jaden starts crying and we exchange some looks and start laughing when we realize that that "fight" was ridiculous. Jethro carefully picks up Jaden from the crib and as soon as he does that he stops crying and Jethro and I both smile slightly "Sixteen days and twelve hours to Christmas" I say and Jethro looks at me in a weird way "Well you still have time and anyway don't worry, since you don't appreciate my help, Ziva and Ellie will help you" he says and rolls his eyes, I chuckle slightly and he puts Jaden back in the crib.

I keep looking at Jethro while he finishes preparing the sandwich and I can't help but smile, he's so sweet and I appreciate that he's trying to be present and help as much as possible during these first moments and he's also so supportive. After some minutes he comes to me and gives me a sandwich then he puts a box of chocolates near my bed and goes to take the other sandwich "Thank you" I say and I smile slightly at him then he comes to sit on the side of the bed "Everything for you" he says and kisses me on the cheek, I can't describe how much I love him, he's so sweet.

If you want leave in the comments your thoughts about this chapter, I would really appreciate it.