Visits

Gibbs' POV

I slightly open my eyes as soon as I feel a weight on my abdomen due to which I feel a slight pain, I look around and as soon as Lucy notices that I'm awake, she stands up and starts licking my face, well...now I know what that weight was. It's been a while since she started doing this, more precisely around a week ago, it doesn't bother me that much that she sleeps on me apart from the slight pain I feel when she gets up and indeed, I'm glad to have her around now that Jack is in the hospital with Jaden and if Lucy wasn't here I think I wouldn't felt lonely...and when also Jack and Jaden will come here I think that feeling lonely will be impossible. I turn my head slightly to the bedside table and watch the alarm clock no, no...no how is this possible?! It didn't ring or maybe I didn't hear it...I'm still pretty tired since I stayed up 'til around 2:00 a.m. talking to Jack on the phone, actually she fell asleep at around 1:00 a.m., but I didn't end the call to make sure she was actually sleeping.

Anyway probably Jack will kill me since I should have gone to her two hours ago but I'm still here...I hope that Tony, Ziva and Tali haven't gone yet to visit her so that I have at least a chance to save myself although I doubt but never say never. I get up from the bed and Lucy looks at me while she starts wagging her tail, I run to the bathroom to get ready while I try to find an excuse to tell Jack to justify the fact that I'll be late even though I'm sure that I'll end up telling her the truth but in the end it's the right thing to do. After finishing in the bathroom, I run down the stairs risking to fall but luckily that doesn't happen and after not finding anywhere the keys of my truck so I take the keys of Jack's car and I head towards the door, as soon as I put my hand on the door handle Lucy runs towards me holding the leash in her mouth and begins to bark at me making the leash fall on the ground "Luc yeah I know that lately you haven't got your usual long walks but I'm busy and I promise you that soon we'll go back to our long walks, don't worry" I say and pet her as she tilts her head and keeps staring at me.

*30 minutes later*

I quietly sneak into the room to see how's the situation, meanwhile I hope that Jack is still alone with Jaden so that I'm not that much in trouble...unfortunately Tony, Ziva and Tali have already arrived, this means that I can consider myself dead. I look over Jack and notice that she's glaring at me, Tony looks at her too then he turns around and looks at me after chuckling a little "Someone here is in trouble" he says, he's so annoying so I go to him and head slap him "Ouch! I didn't specify who is in trouble, it could be also the chair right there" he says and points at the chair near the little table that is almost in the corner of the room, I give him a cold stare and then walk to Jack that is holding Jaden, she looks away and seems a bit upset "Hey...I arrived late because I went to sleep at around 2 a.m. this time I really have to say this...I'm sorry" I whisper in her ear and kiss her on the forehead, she then looks at me and caresses my cheek "I forgive you" she whispers back and kisses me on the cheek "Oh c'mon this is how it goes? I thought that there would've been more drama, chairs flying, Gibbs flying...I was ready to go get the pop corns" Tony says as he rolls his eyes and then Ziva head slaps him, I look at her and smile slightly "You two want to kill me or what?!" Tony says annoyed in a kinda loud tone of voice, Jack gives him a cold stare "Not you too, what's this the 'we don't want the amazing Tony DiNozzo' club?" he asks looking at all of us while picking up Tali but he doesn't receive an answer and yeah probably this is that club.

After some minutes that we spent talking the door opens and Ducky comes in with a bag...oh yeah, right, I asked him to go get at my place some things that we needed but that I didn't have time to take since I had to hurry up "Hello" he says and goes to put the bag on the little table meanwhile Jack slowly gives me Jaden, I swear I won't ever talk to him with that weird voice like an idiot even though Jack says that I'll for sure end up like that. I hand Jaden to Ducky and he looks at him "Hello little man, you know that you are so cute? We all waited so long to meet you" he says in a soft tone of voice and slowly rocks him, Jaden is pretty close to Ducky's face and tries to run his fingers around his glasses, Ducky tilts his head a little and chuckle slightly while Jaden does one of his little reflex smiles "You like my glasses uh? You want them Joey?" he asks and glances at us "This reminds of a little boy who I once treated when I was a physician in England..." he starts saying and I know what will happen now "That kid was only two months old, he had this unique and distinctive beady eyes...just like yours Joey, he was used to smile every now and then and had also a black tuft of hair just like you, only difference is that you have an ash blond tuft of hair" he continues saying and keeps talking for a while, to be honest I have no idea of what he said after since I stopped listening to him and looking around I noticed that it was the same for everyone besides Jack that was really interested in hearing what Ducky was saying.

I try to interrupt Ducky but Jack looks at me "Jethro come on...let him talk" she says with a slight smile making me sign to go near her and that's what I do "He was used to pull my specs too, just like you did now...then one day when I was treating..." Ducky continues but Jaden makes a little noise, Ducky tries to continue talking but again Jaden does the same noise as if he wanted to interrupt Ducky and I can understand him so well then he yawns and everyone starts laughing while I smile slightly "He is a carbon copy of you Jethro" Ducky says with a little chuckle and hands Jaden to me.

Tony, Ziva and Tali left some hours ago instead Ducky stayed with us at lunch but then he left too, luckily he didn't start telling one of his stories again and now it's just me, Jack and Jaden.
I look at Jack and again it seems that there is something wrong, like if something is bothering her but I have no idea of what it is...I should maybe ask her but I don't know if it could bother her so I just stay silent and, without realizing it, I end up staring at Jack like an idiot for a while until I hear her voice "Earth calls Jethro...Jethro are you here with us or you abandoned your body to go in another world?" she says with a little chuckle as she tries to get up but I notice from the expression on her face that she's feeling pain so I walk up to her and stop her from getting up, she looks around and I caress her cheek "Is there something wrong?" I ask her while she keeps looking around "Uh? No, everything is ok" she answers and the screen of her phone turns on showing another notification of a message she received, I guess "Who's sending you so many messages?" I ask and she looks at her phone "Ehm...my mom" she answers "You should maybe call her" I say and she looks at me rolling her eyes "Well...then you could call your father" she says and I give her a cold stare "Nah, nah, nah that doesn't work with me and anyway that won't happen...what should I say hey mom I have a boyfriend, he seems a wall and I had a baby with him but I didn't tell you who knows why?" she says and head slaps me, didn't expect that from her and it kinda hurts "Why?" I ask "Because you're an idiot" she answers and I roll my eyes "We'll see how this talking to our parents thing will go..." she adds and kisses me.

*6 p.m.*

Someone knocks at the door and then it slowly opens and Ellie sneaks in the room "Can also the other come in or?" she asks and looks at Jack "They can come" Jack says with a smile, before she seems exhausted in fact she also slept a little until Jaden didn’t need her but now it seems that she got back all the energies. Anyway Ellie leaves for some minutes then she comes back in with Nick, McGee, Kasie and Jimmy then she hugs Jack and gives her a piece of paper  that Jack puts in a way so that I can read what's written on it too "These are the names we thought" Ellie says and looks at us.

Ellie: Joey
McGee: Luke
Nick: Mateo
Kasie: Fred
Jimmy: Benjamin

Jack looks at Ellie surprised "How did you guess it? Well...it's not complete but you guessed one" she says and Ellie smile "I thought about when you talked to me about the book you were reading and one of the characters then I saw you writing his name on a piece of paper and thought that that could've been the one you chose" she says and I go to take Jaden from the crib and give him to Jack "So what's his name if the one that guessed El wasn't the whole thing?" Nick asks "Jaden Joey" Jack answers and looks at me while smiling "Can I hold him?" Ellie asks and it seems that she waited this moment for years for how much she seems excited "Sure, come" Jack says and Ellie goes next to her and takes Jaden "He's so cute, really" she says looking at Jaden that is making a little smile "I know, you already love me so much, I'm your favorite aunt" she says and caresses Jaden's cheek with her finger meanwhile Jack chuckles slightly "Can we hold him too?" McGee asks understanding that Ellie probably won't let anyone else touch Jaden well...besides me and Jack "No, I'm the important one that he has to meet before you because he for sure loves me so muc, you others can wait" Ellie says while looking at Jaden and the others chuckle slightly "So we have to stay like this until you decide if we can hold him?" asks Jimmy "Exactly" Ellie answers meanwhile Jack smiles slightly "So from slibbs what will this become? Slibbsen? Have to work on it so I'll let you guys know" Nick says and again everyone start chuckling.

If you want leave in the comments your thoughts about this chapter, I would really appreciate it.