Baby Gibbs

Gibbs' POV

*Some weeks after*

*Tuesday 7:10 a.m.*

I slowly open my eyes, I see the ceiling then I turn my head slightly, Jack, as soon as I see her I smile, she’s beautiful even while she sleeps.
Yesterday she had one of her pregnancy-related mood swings, I tried to calm her down in any way I could, and eventually I made it, I felt really sorry to see her like that, tears were sliding impetuously down her face, she kept sobbing and getting nervous because she couldn’t calm down, she didn’t want me to see her like that but I knew that deep down she just wanted me to be with her despite the fact that she kept trying to push me away and I have to admit that she made it hard for me to help her but I didn't give up, I just couldn't let her deal with that all alone. We talked a little and then she hugged me and she wouldn’t let me go then, when she fell asleep, I wanted to make sure that she was actually sleeping so I looked at her for a little while and then, at I think almost 3 a.m, I fell asleep too.
I get up slowly trying to not make noises and therefore to not wake up Jack, she needs to rest as much as possible. As I walk slowly to the door, I look at Jack, Lucy is resting her head on Jack’s belly, they are both so cute, the way Lucy acts with her, she’s very protective of her and she basically became her shadow, I notice that Lucy is following me with her eyes so I slowly walk up to her and pet her "Good girl" I whisper, she starts wagging her tail and I smile slightly.

As I start sipping my coffee I look at the wall, at 9 a.m. we have an appointment for the ultrasound to find out the gender of baby Gibbs, after that we'll go to work and finally tell the others about the pregnancy and, at this point, we'll tell also the gender. Lately it had been hard to hide it but in one way or another we’ve done it and, theoretically, no one besides Ellie and of course us should know about this. It’s also useless to keep hiding this because Jack’s baby bump has become visible and I think that it's also a bit stressful for her to continue in this way, wearing larger clothes and stuff.
I put the cup in the sink and, after taking the clothes from the closet, I go in the bathroom to get ready.

I slowly walk in the bedroom and kneel down next to Jack's side of the bed "Love, wake up" I say in a soft tone of voice and I run my hand through her hair, after a little she starts to slowly open her eyes and looks at me "Good morning" I say as I smile slightly at her "Good morning..." she says in a dim tone of voice and from that I understand that she is still tired, I kiss her and she smiles slightly then she pets Lucy "What hour is it?" she asks "Almost 8 a.m." as soon as I say that, she gets up and slings into the bathroom, for sure she doesn’t want to be late, and neither do I.
I'm sitting on the side of the bed petting Lucy while I wait for Jack and, after like 20 minutes, she comes to me "We should go" she says, smiles slightly and takes my hand "Yeah" I say and stand up.

*9:05 a.m.*

I look at Jack as she lies down on the examination table, I go near her and hold her hand, I'm a bit nervous and I don't know why, like seriously I have no reason to...but when she slightly turn her head, looks at me and smiles I feel completely fine, just the view of her smile can make me feel fine and happy. Jack pulls up her shirt, the doctor applies the gel then he places the transducer on her belly and, both Jack and I, look at the screen and smile slightly.

Jack's POV

*One hour after in the elevator*

Jethro is facing the elevator doors and I'm looking at him, he probably didn't even notice that, honestly I think that he's a bit nervous because in a few minutes we'll tell the others about baby Gibbs.
I reach for his hand to hold it, as soon as I do that, he turns to me and looks at me, that look, a mix of emotions, he is happy, happy for baby Gibbs and for all that we're building together, for this path that we have decided to undertake together or better to say, wonderful journey but at the same time he's frightened by the possibility that the past comes back to knock on the door and that what happened to him in the past, will happen again, he confessed to me that that's his biggest fear.
He keeps looking at me and I caress his cheek "How are you?" I ask "I'm fine" he answers "Oh right, I'm talking with Mr. I'm fine" I say and chuckles slightly, he chuckles too and the look on his face changes, now he seems relaxed.